Massachusetts-Boston
Options

supplying your own liquor

For those of you who did this/are planning on doing it....Did you use all top shelf alcohol (like ketal one etc).  Did you do a full bar?  Would you mind sharing what you paid for how many people?I'm lost!  TIA!
12/12/2009

Re: supplying your own liquor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and what company did you go through?  I got a quote from Kappy's but since I really had no idea I feel like they sort of tried to up sell me.
    12/12/2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Kappy's but we didn't go on their total recommendations.  We also returned a ton after.  We did not do full bar, beer, wine, whiskey, rum, vodka, and scotch.  Our bar bill ended up being $580 for 90 people.  That did not include mixers, soda, etc which was provided by The Commons.  We also did not do top shelf liquor, but we did decent liquor.
  • Options
    kates2480kates2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend did this, saved a ton of money, they went to the NH state liquor store (and tax free now), and anything that doesn't get opened can be returned.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did all high end wines, 12 different beers and two signature cocktails (using jack daniels for mike's and belvedere for mine). For about 110 heavy drinkers it cost us about 3600. It was an absolute steal... pretty much the only thing that was on MV.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get quotes from different places and you will be surprised how much your quotes will go down when you ask a store to beat another stores' quote. We wanted a place that would deliver and pick up. We got quotes from Kappy's and Marty's and then took these to Brookline Liq., Blanchards, and Martignettis and each beat the orginal quotes by a lot. We were really surprised at how much wiggle room there seemed to be. We doing fairly expensive wines (6 reds, 4 whites), 6 beers and then top shelf alcohol and champagne but we are having a smaller wedding (95 so far) do not have many big drinkers. We are planning on spending about $3K but everyone tells us we will be returning a lot. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Brads GirlBrads Girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we spent about 2 grand for 175 people.  We had 4 beers (bud light-32 cases haha, corona, sam adams and stella artois) 2 wines (1 red, 1 white, not sure what types but they were yummy) and then liquor(absolute vodka, but grey goose for me, tangueray and bombay saphire for gin, dewars, bacardi and captain for rum, baileys, kahlua, makers mark and something else that I am not remembering for the life of me!)That price also included all mixers and limes,lemons, cherrys etc.oh, we used seabreeze liquors in gloucester
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    12/12/2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards