Massachusetts-Boston
Options

starting to get overwhelmed

any advice? we got engaged at the end of November, and have our wedding planned for Oct 1, 2011.  I have our venue, and my dress...and have already sent out our save the date cards...but i feel like there is so much to do and i have no idea what i need to do.

Re: starting to get overwhelmed

• Options
    bmoruzzibmoruzzi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try to relax and take a deep breath.  My advice would be the next things you want to focus on are finding a photographer, then dj, and then florist.  Get all the big stuff out of the way.  Good job on already having a venue and dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    October is a very popular month for weddings....I would start looking into a band/DJ as well as a photographer b/c they book fast.  Is your ceremony going to be at your venue or at a church?  what venue did you decide on?

I just scheduled an appt with a florist for my 9/24/11 wedding, so you may also want to start looking into a florist

I still have my invitations to do, but did just order my STDs b/c we have a lot of out of town guests, so we will also be booking a block of rooms at a local hotel and doing a shuttle b/c it's an open bar

try to take it one thing at a time and try not to stress out too much...feel free to ask any questions, everyone on the knot has been very helpful and has offered very good advice...happy planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a ton but take a breather and enjoy because hopefully this is a once in a lifetime thing!!
    You are fine, you have the venue and dress, next after the holiday look at your photographer,dj/band, cake, videographer if you are going to have one, florist, transportation, hotel for out of towners,, oh and a honeymoon if you are going <:
    Once you have the key pieces it's all details after that <: and take your time with that. I loved Etsy!! Found a ton of stuff there that made our wedding have that extra special touch!
    On here is a great resource for vendors, I loved all my vendors!(a lot which were Style me Pretty Black Book recommendations), I would happily recommend all of them except my dj  (he was good but there was something he did that pissed me off pretty bad!)<: everyone was amazing to work with and I can show you pics if you like  just pm me <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are doing our ceremony & reception at Stow Acres....they cater (including cake).  everyone is from relatively close so we are not suggesting hotels...i found a photographer i loved, but he was already booked...i think that started the stress....i have put out some feelers for others ...and we are waiting on our honeymoon until the following summer so that can wait.  i guess i really just need to breathe :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I contacted about 3 photographers that were already booked! Then through recommendations of those photographers found mine who was really wonderful!!
    My good friend  Kate who did my Boudoir and pin-up photos for a wedding gift for my husband is amazing! I would have used her but had already booked my photographer at the time!
    Here's her site:
    and this is my wedding photographer who was amazing!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    EMEPEMEP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The good news is that you still have plenty of time to plan the wedding of your dreams.....it sounds like a Wedding Coordinator would be helpful to you......they can take the stress right off your shoulders! You might try Entertain Me Events www.EntertainMeEventPlanner.com. Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems like you already got lots of good advice from others here.  October is a popular time, so start booking florists, DJ, photographer, and baker asap!  Once you get those things straightened out, you can breathe a little.  

Here's some of the vendors that we used and loved!
    Fredrick's Pastries- http://www.pastry.net/
    Peak DJ- http://peakdj.com ask for Nick

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards