Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Boston vendor reviews

My wedding was two weeks ago and was absolutley amazing.  I wanted to give a review of some of the awesome vendors who made our night so perfect.  I'd hire all these folks again in a heartbeat!

Venue/food: Four Seasons Hotel.  From the venue, to the food, to the amazing staff, the Four Seasons was perfect.  It’s hard to say more, since you pretty much expect the best from the Four Seasons Hotel, but what we got was over the top.  Louis, the head- waiter, and Philip, the on-site wedding coordinator, were absolutely amazing in making this night over the top. 

Rehearsal dinner: Joe’s American Bar & Grille on the waterfront.  We chose Joe’s because of its beautiful private room overlooking the water – which fit 60+ people.  Though we found the staff a bit hard to get a hold of at times, the dinner went off without a hitch.  The food was great, they were very accommodating given my many special requests, and our guests were incredibly pleased.  When comparing Joe’s to other options, we found their prices to be very reasonable.

Flowers: Sarah’s Garden (Newton, MA):  Sarah is amazing to work with.  She listened to my wishes and created the most beautiful floral arrangements and bouquets.  Everyone was talking about how beautiful the room looked.  She also handled all my linens, chairs, and tables.  Essentially, I got a designer for the [reasonable] price of a florist.  Sarah runs her operation out of her home and was incredibly accommodating and very accessible, always willing to work around my busy work schedule. 

Hair: Salon Maral (Stoneham).  Maral and Caitlin came to our hotel and did the bridal party’s hair.  While everyone looked gorgeous, I was particularly thrilled with my look.  I have very curly hair and Maral gave me the most gorgeous updo, which stayed in place all night.  I couldn’t have been happier with my look and their excellent customer service.

Makeup: To Make Beautiful (Stoneham). Kim did an amazing job.  I wanted a particularly natural, subtle look and somehow Kim was able to do exactly that while still making me look glamorous.  My fiancé (now husband) has never liked makeup on me (he prefers natural look) and even he said it looked amazing. 

Photographer: Zev Fisher.  I haven’t seen the pictures yet, but Zev and Gretjen (his second shooter) were fantastic to work with, both at the wedding and leading up to our big day.  He not only did an amazing job (our pictures are amazing), but he was key in organizing/orchestrating our first look and letting everyone know where they needed to be for what pictures.  His taking charge of who needed to be in what pictures took the pressure off of me.

Videographer: David Schmidt/Waves Video.  Again, I haven’t seen the final project yet, but Dave was great to work with.  He’d never met my photographer before, but the two seemed to get along great.  He was quiet, out of the way (a good thing), and incredibly professional.  I have only positive things to say about how he handled himself at our event and in communications leading up to the wedding.

Band: Soho.  These guys are amazingly talented – hands down.  From learning a nontraditional first dance song, to busting a move on the dance floor, this band had everyone talking.  I do wish I had been a bit more concrete about the type of music I wanted (fewer oldies/classis, more hip-hop and modern stuff), but our guests seemed to love it, so I guess it worked out okay.  I think we had maybe 75 people (of 140) for our last dance at midnight – a credit to how great this band was.

Photobooth: SeeMonkey Photobooth.  Seriously, people raved about our photobooth.  They loved it.  Loved it.  Sunday morning we had the best time looking through our hysterical guestbook of photobooth prints (along with messages).  I can’t think of a better way to remember how much fun everyone had at our wedding.  I already know that whenever I am feeling the least bit down, we will turn to this book to remember how lucky we are and how much we are loved.

Re: Boston vendor reviews

• Options
    So glad to hear the wonderful reviews about Zev since we just hired him! I met him when I was town over Thanksgiving and he is such a kind, creative person. I told my fiance that I think it's going to be Zev that offers me Zen moments when I thinks start to get crazy on the wedding day haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards