Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Rehersal dinner space- Bolton, Stow, Lexington, Sudbury area

Hi, I'm getting married at Nashoba Vallery Winery in October and need a good rehersal dinner place. Would love to keep with the rustic theme. Looking for about 25 people

Wayside Inn is booked
1790 House can't accomodate a group our size
Bullfinches does not have a private room
Barn at Gibbet Hill is too expensive

I don't live in MA, so I have no other ideas. Any ideas would be helpful.

Re: Rehersal dinner space- Bolton, Stow, Lexington, Sudbury area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe Concord Colonial Inn can help? I have no idea what their prices are like. They have a "tavern" area that looks pretty rustic, but I don't know if you could use that.

The Barn at Gibbet Hill is really expensive. Did you contact them about an event at their regular restaurant? It still has the rustic look and though pricey, isn't too bad. Most of the places I looked at for a RD started at $30 per plate for apps, salad, entree, and dessert, and that's probably what their prices would start at in their regular restaurant. Their food is really good!

There's also the Bull Run: http://www.bullrunrestaurant.com/rooms_for_every_occasion.html
    They may have something for you.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ate at Colonial inn and great food. Defitnely not rustic unless you do the bar area. The prices might be high. You can also look into Fire Fly in Marlbough. I found also looking on Phaton Gourment was helpful somewhat. Good luck in your search.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if you can call Gibbet and just ask about seating in the regular restaurant. When you walk in there is an upstairs area that could easily fit about 25 people and it's off by itself. We've sat there before for dinner. I live in Groton and unfortunately there are not a lot of restaurants in general in this area. I would search Yelp, also look at Acton, Westford, Chelmsford, maybe Bedford, or even going the other way Marlborough  area may have something ...
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Nashoba and the food was really good! We got married at Harrington Farm in Princeton which has a similar air about it but it is probably to far (they have function and restaurant facilities).
    ooh also checkout the Chocksett Inn in Sterling. My husband grew up in Bolton and said Sterling is about 15 minutes away which is way closer than Groton (Gibbet)
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    lcliciouslclicious member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Allora Ristorante in Marlborough.  Their private room accommodates 26 people.  They have a great function menu as well, and it is reasonably priced!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards