New York-Hudson Valley

Cheap transportation ideas???

We are paying for our entire wedding and trying to keep cost down.  Now when it comes to transportation I am finding cost is about $400-500 depending on what you need. We will be needing transportation for 6-10 girls to the wedding site and then possible transportation to photos and then transportation at end of night for me and my honey.

Any great ideas?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Cheap transportation ideas???

• edited December 2011
    I need to piggyback off of this question as well if you don't mind.

I was planning on blocking hotel rooms and this way any OOT people and the wedding party could stay there. I was looking into getting a "party bus" or shuttle to take people from the hotel to the venue and then back to the hotel after the reception so no one has to drive. Keep in mind the hotel and venue would be 15 mins away from each other.

One quote I got was for over $1000. Wow. For two rides? It just seems like an awful lot to me. Apparently, they figure in all the hours they're being "used" from the time they leave the garage to go to the hotel until the time they head back to the garage even if they aren't being used for several hours in between. Is this normal?

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. $1000 is steep for our budget, just for two fairly quick trips.

If anyone has any recommendations for me as well, I'd really appreciate it. I'm in Rockland County.
  • yoko2011yoko2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What about school buses, cabs with vans ... I realize perhaps not fancy ...

• edited December 2011
    I'm using shuttles/vans from Starlight Limo in Blauvelt. I am in the same situation as you. I want to provide transportation for the bridal party and the guests staying at the hotel I blocked rooms at... and FI and I, of course, but I can't spend much money on it. The vans just look like an airport shuttle van and are just as clean as the limos are. They sit 14 people. It's $300 for 3 hours and that includes gratuity and tax. We're getting it for two 3 hour sessions and we're paying less than $600 because I found a 15% coupon online.
    I know some people take pics of their transportation, but honestly, I couldn't care less about that. If I wasn't going to nervous that day, I'd probably drive myself. haha
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting a Peter Pan coach bus (54 passenger) to shuttle the guests.  We get two trips to the wedding and then two trip back to the hotel at the end of the night.  The cost is $750.  I think you do have to pay for the time that the bus just sits and waits for the wedding to end.

Good luck to both of you!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info LeyLey, I will look into that. I don't think $750 is too bad for 4 total trips with a 54 passenger shuttle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards