New York-Hudson Valley
Options

2 more checks!

I feel so productive.  Had my makeup trial with JK Flashy and loved it and met with Fr. Rich to plan the ceremony.  I feel like I can relax a little now; feels great!

November siggy image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 2 more checks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking of doing my makeup trial soon, and with JK Flashy as well! You have inspired me to make an appointment soon :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    atorresnyatorresny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll love her...she was so patient and when she was done it was wonderful!  Can't wait until the actual day.  My florist, Monica CHimes, had recommended her and she was right!
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How exciting,I'm also using JKflashy and Father Rich. And I bought my gown yesterday!!! It's all still so unreal to me!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats AniaNYC!  It's such a great feeling to get so much accomplished! I got my dress last weekend and it was such a weight off my shoulders.  Would love to see a pic of your dress. 
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_2-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:da58fe2c-4089-45fa-b863-62a38a1b7dd8Post:eb28f29e-0cb1-4359-8cac-92708455bba6">Re: 2 more checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You'll love her...she was so patient and when she was done it was wonderful!  Can't wait until the actual day.  My florist, Monica CHimes, had recommended her and she was right!
    Posted by atorresny[/QUOTE]

<h1>Monica is the one that recommended JK Flashy to me as well! She also said something about Salon Posh for hair, but can't find any reviews... did she mention anything to you about hair?! Monica is so wonderful, I would take any of her recommendations!</h1>
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    AlliScott0414, yes Salon Posh in Mamaroneck is who she recommended to me as well, I think GIna or something like that.  I can't find a website or anything either but I was going to give them a call next week. Jill from JK also warned me that there is a big difference in price whether you go to the salon or they go to location, so I'm curious to know what the rates are.  I looked around the The Knot for any info. on them but nothing.  Please let me know if you find anything.
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, good to know! I think the name I got from Salon Posh was Donna, possibly? Let me know what happens when you call them - and that's a good thing to worry about because I'm definitely having hair and makeup done at the venue. I had assumed it was going to be more expensive but how much more! haha. Are you having hair and makeup done at your venue?? I'm going to research as well!
  • Options
    AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_2-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:da58fe2c-4089-45fa-b863-62a38a1b7dd8Post:d241281d-2732-48a9-8c03-ebac49f29614">Re: 2 more checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats AniaNYC!  It's such a great feeling to get so much accomplished! I got my dress last weekend and it was such a weight off my shoulders.  Would love to see a pic of your dress. 

I got my dress at Pronovias, google friburgo, I don't have access to my laptop now to post the pictures, sorry. I'm happy you found your dress too, where did you get it? Any other dress after this one just wasn't it for me. Awwww!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I found some reviews of the salon, nothing wedding-related though!

http://local.yahoo.com/info-59317811-salon-posh-mamaroneck?tab=reviews#reviews

• Options
    AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_2-checks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:da58fe2c-4089-45fa-b863-62a38a1b7dd8Post:46569a78-ae2f-4ccd-9018-2e5fdaf46fca">Re: 2 more checks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AlliScott0414, yes Salon Posh in Mamaroneck is who she recommended to me as well, I think GIna or something like that.  I can't find a website or anything either but I was going to give them a call next week. Jill from JK also warned me that there is a big difference in price whether you go to the salon or they go to location, so I'm curious to know what the rates are.  I looked around the The Knot for any info. on them but nothing.  Please let me know if you find anything.

Jill recommended them to me also, I will try them. But there is also another person who owns her own business, Melissa Scroffani, check her out on The Knot, excellent reviews, and you can google her website easily. She is on vacation till Nov 2nd, but what I liked even more is that with all the good reviews, she is also way cheaper than the Posh. I think it might be a deal breaker for me. PM me for details.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ania, I'm PM'ing you momentarily!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I'm having my makeup and hair done at the venue.  It's Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac, Jill is traveling there so finding a hairstylist that travels is important as well.

@AniaNYC thanks for the heads up re: Melissa Scroffani, I'll look for info. as well.
    November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AniaNYCAniaNYC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, its Melissa Scrofani with one "F" sorry!! I'm going to my PM now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, glad to hear that Jill will travel! I am definitely going to try and see her this week! I hope West Point isn't too far for her!

Ania, thanks for the suggestion!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

No I don't think West Point is too far at all...she actually did a wedding in the Bahamas and she is always traveling to the City for events and weddings.  The trial was actually in her home in White Plains.

November siggy image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using both Jill from JK Flashy for my makeup and Melissa Scrofani for my hair. I had trials with both of them for my engagement photos and they were both fabulous!  Highly recommended!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards