Massachusetts-Boston

Centerpieces

So my wedding has gone from a buffet sit down meal to a cocktail and heavy appatizers reception.  This will afford us more guests and for a lot less money.  (we just had to replace the transmission in my car, $$$).  So now its going to be simpler but I think just as elegant reception.  I am not sure it calls for flower centerpieces anymore.  I have to tell you all though that the reception is at a Victorian estate (here is the location)  http://www.danielwebsterestate.org/.  It really doesn't need inside decorating, as it already is.  I am looking for DIY centerpieces.  We can't have real candles, which nixes my idea of floating candles, bummer - so I thought of the battery operated candles, we were already going to have small votive ones in frosted votive holders.  The wedding is on 03.17.12 (yes that is St. Patrick's Day).  I am having hunter green and ivory as my colors.  The favor is a trinity love knot wine stopper and our invites had that trinity love knot on them but I am not looking to go cheesy with leprechauns and shamrocks.....as its a very elegant location I want an elegant (expensive looking but cheap costing) center piece.

Ideas would be appreciated ladies :)

Re: Centerpieces

• I am thinking a clear glass vase with green stones in the bottom (the flat craft kind) fill it with water and float a flower at the top...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards