Massachusetts-Boston

Poll...Ish. Where are/did you getting married?

Hi Everyone. So I'm in a bit of a mess. We went from having a huge 250 invited wedding to very small 60 invited wedding. So our original venue  we decided on is just too big. Where did you get married? Or where are you getting married? I'm just looking for some ideas that we might have over looked and smaller spaces. I appreciate the advice/tips in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16

Re: Poll...Ish. Where are/did you getting married?

• edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone. So I'm in a bit of a mess. We went from having a huge 250 invited wedding to very small 60 invited wedding. So our original venue  we decided on is just too big. Where did you get married? Or where are you getting married? I'm just looking for some ideas that we might have over looked and smaller spaces. I appreciate the advice/tips in advance!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • edited December 2011
    Topsfield Commons is where I'm getting married with 50-60 guests.  I also loved the aquarium but too late of a start/end time for a Sunday.  The Liberty hotel, the lenox hotel - these two are pricey but beautiful!  good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we used indian pond country club.  it was so beautiful and they really did such a great job both leading up to and day of.  they have a room that holds smaller parties that is so beautiful too.

...hello out there!
    imageimage
    dx with anovulatory PCOS 2005
    off bcp 11/11
    2 rounds of clomid and 1 round of femara... no response.
    injectables/IUI 12/12... BFN
    02/13 IVF cycle converted down to IUI due to low follicle response.... everything crossed for that BFP!
  • edited December 2011

I liked these two places but they were too small for my wedding they both hold 100 or less I believe.

http://www.bu.edu/castle/weddings/
    http://www.pmc.edu/wedding--special-occasions

Also, I think the Lyman estate and Endicott Estate could be used for smaller weddings.

Goodluck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I completely forgot about this place.  There is a new place in Marina Bay Port305.  They have a really nice function room upstairs that overlooks the water.  The views are amazing.  They say it holds 120 but that is such a stretch, I think its more like 90.  The only thing I really didn't like is that the dance floor is off to the side.  I felt like it was out of the way.  Just wanted to mention it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The College Club of Boston is where we got married last October (PIB) and it's perfect for a wedding of your size- we had 75 people and it was a great fit.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Christina's in Foxboro, MA. They can accommodate both large and small weddings. GL!

~erin~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS--STUPID PHONE.  WE HAD ABOUT 855 OOPS 85 GUESTS.  OUR CEREMONY WAS AT LINDESY CHAPEL ON NEWBURY ST, AND OUR RECEPTION AT TAPEO RESTAURANT AND TAPAS BAR. GOOD LUCK!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • ead1975ead1975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having 50ish guests at the Henderson House in Weston.  We're getting married in October, so I can't comment on how the day will go, but they've been really responsive throughout the planning process.

http://www.thehendersonhouse.net/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dovesweet07dovesweet07 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ead, we're getting married in at the henderson house too!!! i think we are having around 70 people in september. they are really responsive and the place is beautiful!!
  • ead1975ead1975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dove, please be sure to let me know how it goes!

OP, the other place we considered was the Commander's Mansion in Watertown, though you have to bring in a caterer. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!! You've given us so many ideas when I was certain we were going to be stuck with an enormous ballroom. I love the idea of renting out a restaurant and contacted Tapeo and Gaslight (my favorite). I'll keep you all posted!
  • chubbybunnychubbybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Lanam Club in Andover, MA. It's a GORGEOUS mansion from the early 20th century. You rent out the whole first floor, including the bar and the grounds/tent.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Ocean View Inn in Gloucester and they have two beautiful rooms. They would fit a small wedding perfectly and what a view! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in January at the Barker Tavern in Scituate. The food and service was amazing! We had 143, which was a very full room. It's not a giant room so you could easily have 75-100 comfortably and not feel like it's empty. 
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Stevens Estate in N. Andover.  We're having 200 ppl, so are having the reception under the tent outside, however they have a cute reception room for parties under 100 that would be cute.  The venue is gorgeous and not too pricey (IMO).
  • edited December 2011
    We were married at 2nd Congregational Church in Cohasset and our reception (130) was at the Red Lion Inn.  They do indoor and outdoor ceremonies onsite, too.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • edited December 2011

We are getting married at Spinelli's..

http://spinellis.com/

Teresa & Bill June 10, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards