Massachusetts-Boston

Fake cakes in Boston? Or cheap cake ideas?

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're having a great day.

I was just wondering if anyone had any resources or suggestions for a fake wedding cake? Or budget alternatives (besides cupcakes)? The thought of spending hundreds of dollars on a cake makes me crazy and it would be awesome to find a more budget-friendly alternative, if possible!

Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Re: Fake cakes in Boston? Or cheap cake ideas?

• edited December 2011
    Get a small cake (2-tier) cake for cutting purposes and keeping the top tier for your anniversary. Then have a full sheet cake in the back for serving your guests. Way less money. If my cake wasn't included in the package I'm getting, I was going to do this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto PP on how to save on your cake.

The fake cakes can be just as expensive as real because there's still the cost and labor with decorating them.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you know anyone that is good at decorating/baking?  That would save some money :)  A friend of ours actually just opened a business in Plymouth and she's really good.  No wedding cakes as of yet, only anniversary but she's talented and well priced for "regular" cakes, so she might be well priced for an idea like KrisKenny had.  If you want info let me know, I'm using her (but she doesn't know it yet ;) ).
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.fakeweddingcakesandmore.com/

they are who we're using.  They have done cakes for movies stars and bands in Vegas and all over.  They are unbelievably cheap and down to earth.  We loved them.  You cant tell that their cakes are fake at all.  There's a 6inch section of real cake for you to cut into.  Then its brought in the back and nobody even knows
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards