Massachusetts-Boston

Boston Public Library?

Has anyone here known someone who did or is getting married at BPL?

I was interested in the possibility of doing the ceremony in the courtyard and the reception at another location in the city but wasn't sure if that was an option.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Boston Public Library?

• edited December 2011
    We looked into it but there were too many can't dos. (the obvious one of no candles, but we were told we couldn't hang anything, we had to limit our lighting, and the vendors couldn't get in until an hour before the wedding).

As a result we passed on it. But we're planning on doing many of our engagement photos there!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • edited December 2011
    Moneypenny424 got married at the BPL. Her wedding was absolutely gorgeous!!You might try paging her here or on E.
  • winterclassicwinterclassic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to a wedding there last year. It was so nice. I am not sure of what restrictions or obstacles our friends faced but I will try to remember and ask.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I'll have to discuss with the boy. 

Soon2be:  They are letting you do your engagement photos there?  Who are you using for a photographer?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cupcakes4Cupcakes4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into the BPL... you can pretty much do what you want if you pay for it! It was much more expensive than we thought it was going to be... not sure if you have a budget set, but mine was on the lower side, and for the food and space alone (before alcohol etc) the quote was around 30K...It is a BEAUTIFUL spot though... so if money isnt a problem, go for it! :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_boston-public-library?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:4eda70e8-4558-4cc4-a76f-16c2d3a546c3Post:593cf57d-4bc9-4f95-a8b3-9779652470a5">Re: Boston Public Library?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies I'll have to discuss with the boy.  Soon2be:  They are letting you do your engagement photos there?  Who are you using for a photographer?
    Posted by Neileo27[/QUOTE]

Yes. We're just doing some in the reading room and some in the courtyard. My photographer is Chelsea Blackmore. She's a recent photo grad but her work is amazing and she got lots of good reviews. I'm excited to try her out: <a href="http://www.chelseablackmorephotography.com/">http://www.chelseablackmorephotography.com/</a>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • edited December 2011
    Just wanted to post this for anyone else interested in taking photos at the BPL:

Please enjoy your visit to the Boston Public Library. We are happy to have you take photographs of our buildings for your enjoyment.

Please observe the following:
    1. Refrain from the use of flash equipment in reading rooms and other areas in which it might disturb Library users.
    2. Equipment such as tripods may not obstruct passageways or cause disturbances to Library users.
    3. Photographing and/or filming and/or audio recording of members of the public, members of the Library staff on duty, and public programs (unless permission has been granted in advance by the Library) are prohibited.
    4. Subject to the Library’s Policies and Procedures for Private Events and Private Event Pricing, Library buildings may be used as a setting for creative film or photographs intended for commercial purposes. Such permission must be secured in advance by contacting the Library Events Office at 617-859-2212 or events@bpl.org.

Please note that the Boston Public Library frequently engages in photographing and recording programs and events for its own publicity and promotional purposes. Library staff will make every effort to notify members of the public when filming and audiorecording is taking place. Please notify a Library staff member if you do not want to be photographed or recorded.

I had also e-mailed the staff just incase the policy changed and it hadn't! So engagement photos are a go!!

• edited December 2011
    If you haven't already, call to see if your date's available. The BPL was my first choice, and weren't available on any of my potential dates; this was more than a year from the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards