Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Affordable Photographers

Does anyone have a recommendation for an affordable photographer here in the Boston area? I'm hoping not to spend more than $1000. I'm looking for about 5 hours of coverage and then the digital negatives and a printing release rather than prints and an album. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable Photographers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out:

http://www.imcreativephotography.com

Packages start at $800 and you get all the photos and rights, from what I understand.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we used john loconte from www.johnlophoto.com his prices start a little higher but with less hours he might fit into your budget, awesome to work with! hth 
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used adriano batti and he was fantastic.  I think his package start a little higher than $1000 but he is worth it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just met with Hannah from Iris Leaf Photography. I found her on TK. She was great to talk to and her photos looked great. I believe I will be going with her for my wedding. One package that she has is only $860.
    • 5 hours of coverage by 2 photographers
    • Minimum 250 professionally re-touched digital negatives burned to a CD
    • 1 framed 8x10 print
    • 100 Free "Thank You" cards with a picture of your choice

Go to http://irisleaf.com and totally check her out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 May Siggy Challenge: The invitations
    image 126 Are ready to party!
  • Options
    eveyishappyeveyishappy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can try Ashley at AE Stelzer Photography

Her prices were out of our range but I really liked her style so much, so she was willing to do a custom package for us.  We gave her our budget max and she worked with that.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked the most awesome photographer. I am not sure of your style but she is very modern. She will work with you when it comes to budget. Her name is Kristin Chalmers and I already love her! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Berry Photography and we're looking at them as well for October 2011.
  • Options
    Annakat1028Annakat1028 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone used to know anything that has used the Henry Studio out of Holliston? The prices seems to be a bit high but I really liked Rich when I met him at an open house.

Also - in terms of coverage, does it generally cost extra to have photographers come to the site where we'd be getting ready? I'm trying to get an idea of a budget and am also hoping to stay around $1,000
  • Options
    kariemmakariemma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From the research I did, photographers pricing is usually based around the number of hours they will be with you, not the number of locations they have to get to in the day. Most of them are willing to work with you on pricing to help you stay within your budget. 

I'm also using John LoConte and was really happy with him and his pricing in our initial meetings. He was happy to work with us to stay under our budget. I'm looking forward to having great pictures from my wedding in March 2012! 

Good luck! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Joshua Paul King Photography.  He is fairly new to wedding photography (he works a full-time job and wanted to pursue his hobby of photography), but has been an understudy for over a year now.  He is very affordable and takes great photos.  

Check out his website: http://photo.joshuapaulking.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 image Invited guests
    73image Will be celebrating with us!
    81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
    3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Has anybody ever worked with Karen and her husband, the package looks good, unlimited everything and the price is under 1000?  I want to see if anyone has worked with them before

www.kbphotography123.com/" target="_blank">http://www.kbphotography123.com.
  • Options
    luv2teech7luv2teech7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I, too, am only in need of 5 hours of a reception photographer.  I'm only having a reception locally, not my wedding.  With that said, John LoConte was not at all flexible, despite what other people reported.  His prices were far too high for what I want.  

I've been talking with a Jon LaVerde at Lynwood Studios.  I'm impressed by his flexibility and willingness to hear what I want and how he can help.  I've only seen his website but will meet with him later this summer.  So far, I'm very happy.  I strongly recommend you contact/call people to see if they're willing to do what you want and find out how flexible they are. Use your instincts to see what you think.....

Here's a link to Lynwood.  Good luck!!  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Whitney & Brooks Gibson for our wedding. They are located in Gloucester (where our wedding will be) but I'm sure they would travel if you asked. They are a husband/wife team that just moved back from Hawaii and are building their business up here. Brooks specializes in black & white photography, and both of them are so warm and friendly we knew they were perfect for us (FH doesn't love doing photos or looking staged/phony, and Brooks & Whitney understood that). Their packages start at $1000 for the two of them as well as online proofing/ordering, and a DVD with all high-res photos and full rights. I think we are going to upgrade and get a flush-mounted leather album.

We are doing an engagement shoot with them later this summer/early fall so I'll let you know how they are in action, but I have no doubt they are great!

http://bwgibson.com/

PM me if you end up wanting to use them--maybe they will cut us both a deal for a referral!
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards