Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Cakes.. has anyone used...

Konditor meister
or
Icing on the Cake

Our reception hall costs include the cake and we have the two places to choose from.  Has anyone used either of these vendors?  How were they to work with? And more important, how was their cake?

Re: Cakes.. has anyone used...

• Options
    jaime10285jaime10285 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend that just got married had the choice of those two vendors as well.  They ended up getting cupcakes from Icing on the Cake.  I didn't get to have one at the wedding so I can't comment on their taste.  Konditor Meister was the cake at the rehearsal dinner and it was very good!  I think the vibe they got that made them choose Icing on the Cake instead was that Konditor Meister was more presumptuous...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From what I've heard, the Konditor Meister included packages don't have many flavors to choose from, but are delish
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have Konditor Meister with our package and they have been awesome to work with.  I grew up in the area so I've had lots of cakes from the bakery and they are always delicious.  We went to our cake tasting and they had over 20 flavors we could pick from.  The woman who worked with us really helped us figure out what we wanted our cake to look like, within the options they had for cakes that come with a package.  I highly recommend them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a choice of both in our package and went with Icing on the Cake. We just liked the texture of the cake and the taste of the icing better. Icing on the Cake was great to work with and I hear Konditor Meister is too so I recommend going to tastings at both and choosing based on which cake you like best.
    Married!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also had both in our package but only did a tasting with Icing on the Cake. The owner, Paula, was great during our tasting and the final product was beyond delicious. We had lots of compliments from our guests.

The hotel lost our gluten free cupcakes (we paid extra for these) and Paula sent us a gift card for more than we had paid for the cupcakes to compensate us for the loss (even though it wasn't Icing's fault). Excellent customer service.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    luv2teech7luv2teech7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried out Konditormeister for my brother's 40th. I appreciated their choices--you can check out all their offerings online!  I disagree with a previous poster. I thought they had lots to choose from.  I also enjoyed their customer service. They went over and above to help us out.  However....I paid extra for a 'banner' on the cake that eventually fell off before the party started anyway and am not a fan of the texture of their frosting.  You either like their frosting or you don't.  In my opinion, it's an acquired taste. (I also grew up locally and had these cakes for most events....and though I love desserts, I just don't like their frosting.  My fiance calls it 'foamy')  I strongly suggest you swing in to the bakery and try it out.  If you can choose between both, why not try both and decide for yourself!  Your venue wouldn't have you choose between companies that wouldn't do a good job.  Good luck!  Hope it goes well.  :)
  • Options
    MisheyldMisheyld member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  I guess I will need to go in and try both.  I was hoping that one would get better raves than the other because it's going to difficult for my FI and I to get to them during their business hours.  Anyway, thanks again!  And good luck in all of your wedding planning.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Icing on the Cake, and many guests commented that it was the best wedding cake they'd ever had. We had two orange tiers and one lemon tier, and a chocolate raspberry groom's cake. I would never have thought we'd get fruit flavored cake, but we tried these flavors at the tasting with Paula, and they were amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and Icing on the Cake does Saturday tastings.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never had Icing on the Cake but I've had KM cakes many times. They always taste stale. My guess is because they produce so many there's no way to avoid freezing them. As others have said, try both if you can!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have had KM a few times at events and I never like the cakes, they are always very dry. They have a great reputation, but I have never enjoyed a cake from there. My caterer only works with KM cakes, so we have the option of bring in outside desserts (which works out better for us anyway) since we do not like KM.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Konditor Meisterfor our 2008 Wedding. They did an AMAZING job on our cake. I cannot say enough good things about them! 1 layer was Tiramisu, 1 layer was Strawberry Gran Marnier, and the 3rd layer was white cake with a Champagne creme in the middle.

• Options
    graciejeangraciejean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have used KM exclusively from birthday cakes, to my wedding cake. They have NEVER been dry, and are very luxurious. Wedding cake is going to be the strawberry gran manrnier and chai with rasberry filling. Not presumptuous at all! Tastingings all week and saturdays too. Great pricing. Shockingly affordable. Tastes and looks much much more!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards