Massachusetts-Boston
Options

video with Wedding Stories RI???

ladies
is anyone using this company for their video? I cannot contact John about my nov 14th 2010 wedding - I am starting to panic....I have been calling for weeks and the last few days his phone is just off..........I am getting a highlights clip which I would have expected to have by now (i know the main video takes a while) he emailed weeks ago saying he would call me about editing...he never did and nothing since
im getting freaked out now........anyone have this experience???I am furious.....
thanks in advance!

Re: video with Wedding Stories RI???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used him from our February wedding...granted, his communication isn't the greatest but I never had a problem getting a phone or email response within 48 hours. Here's the two numbers I have for him: 401.419.1901 or 401.432.4002

Also, double check your contract --- our highlight snippet and full DVD wasn't guaranteed until two months after our wedding date. It is the holidays --- that would explain the lack of communication over the last few weeks in my mind but nothing justifies a complete lack of a return call or a vendor's phone being turned off.

Good luck with this --- I'm sure it is very frustrating for you but I will say that our finished product was worth the minor aggravations we went through as well as the two month wait.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't panic yet, Nov 14 wasn't so far away, plus the holidays are no doubt a busy time for a vendor. No excuse for poor communication. I would call again and leave a message again, and say if you don't hear from him within a week or so you'll have to contact the BBB.

We didn't use him, but in our contract we get the highlights video the day of the wedding, and the rest six months after.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used John and got our highlight clip about 2 months after our wedding. It was right on time according to our contract. The actual video took longer but no longer than was stated in our contract. I've never had trouble emailing or calling John. I agree that with the holidays he may be with his family and friends of course! I suggest you keep calling and emailing! I'm sorry he hasn't gotten back to you! I promise his final work is well worth the wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had originally called him to inquire about his services.  He was in the middle of doing something and asked that I email all my info to him. I did that, and never heard back.  I emailed a second and third time.  Nothing.  I ended up going with Waves,  Hope they are good! 

Anyone ever used them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to use him but didn't because he seemed to have a communication issue. I told him that I was going with someone else when he finally contacted me. Our videographer Lynne from VideoDesign Films was amazing!! Film done in about 3 months, and it was so good I cried like a baby! 
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Booked him and cancelled him less than a week before our wedding. He didn't respond to me or our planner to confirm times and we were scared he wouldn't show up. He also promised our deposit back because of the communication issue. We haven't seen it and have received one call saying he needs some time but it would be this month. We shall see.
  • Options
    jay10jay10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok well I have still been calling and calling and nothing! its past the holiday season now....im furious!
    will update if I get anything back!
    thanks for your responses ladies, I am glad I am not the only one........
  • Options
    kimmy84kimmy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same problem. I got married on Aug 14, 2010 and that last time I heard from him was on Dec. 11. His phoe is off and his mailbox randomly says that it is full so I know tons of ppl are leaving him messages and he is listening to them.... I don't know what to do I think I'm going to call a lawyer.
  • Options

Posted via The Knot for our Vendor Response Program.

I would like to apologize to all the brides and grooms and fellow wedding vendors that were affected by my actions or lack of action this past year. I truly feel sorry for the stress that I caused and I am embarrassed for what happened. The clients that were affected have all been contacted and I look forward to making this situation right and regaining your trust and confidence.

To be very honest about my company and services, at one point (a little over a year ago) I was literally one of the most sought after videographers in the area.  My business model and the reason for my success was that all of my creativity and energy concentrated around just one, at the most, two weddings per day. Last year I made a pure business decision and decided to expand the business by sending out multiple crews per wedding date.  I believe the quality of the work was still excellent, however, I quickly realized that I just wasn't cut out for that type of business plan. The result was a very serious backlog, getting completely overwhelmed, and many unhappy clients not due to the quality of the work, but rather due to my unresponsiveness and failure to deliver videos in a timely manner.  The multiple crews’ business model may work for some people, but it just didn't work out for me. I have rectified the situation and am currently working on taking care of each and every one of my past clients.  In the meantime, I have completely restructured my business and I am confident that I can restore my reputation. I did not re-brand or redirect my site to a different website. I also did not ask for reviews to come down. The bottom line was that I created the situation and I had to straighten it out.  I went through a difficult time, but am now really excited to move ahead, satisfy all my prior clients, and reward all my future brides who have hung in there with me and deliver the “Best of the Knot 2010” type of service for which I was known. 

John from WeddingStories

TheKnot.com

• Options
    jandijjandij member
    First Comment
    Our daughters wedding was October 2011. We hired John for an all day wedding event in Newport. A great tease after the wedding that evening.Then nothing ! Promised by march, now oes not answer calks or emails . Paid in full. Looks like small claims court if he foes not respond. Such a nice talented man, what a shame
  • Options
    I also was married in October 2011 and verbally promised my video by end of December or January. I am not surprised it did not happen but I still haven't received it. I've contacted John via email, text and phone with almost no response. He responded over a month ago after about 15 attempts to contact him. He left a voice message stating he got very behind bc he took on too much and doesn't want to outsource so he's doing it all himself but he's close. He didn't give me a timeframe as requested with each contact. And when I called back, he didn't answer. My husband got involved and left him a voicemail and then an email and copied our attorney on the email stating that if he didn't respond within 24 hours that he would be involving our attorney. It's been 3 business days and no response. We are now sending a letter from our attorney threatening a lawsuit. This is very upsetting. It's not just the money but these are our once in a lifetime memories we trusted him to capture and deliver. We can't get that back and pictures don't do the day justice. You want to have this to share with your children one day. You want to watch it from time to time to relive the happiest day of your life. If he couldn't do what he promised to do, then he shouldn't have accepted the business. It sounds like he's still pedaling the same story as he has been for 2 years according to these posts. If I had found this when researching him, I would have never even contacted him. Very disappointed I didn't see this sooner. I hope he comes through. I still have hope I'll see our video. If it takes legal action then so be it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards