Massachusetts-Boston

Bachelorette weekend ideas

Hi ladies,

I'm hosting a bachelorette evening for my best friend in Boston. I live in VA so I could definitely use some help with places to go. I would love some suggestions for:
1. Restaurants with a fun atmosphere  - preferably like a Tapas restaurant or something with a similar vib
2. dance clubs or bars - most of us are in our early 30's, so we would like to avoid the hoochie mama type places. She is a huge fan of 80's dance music so anything fun and cheesy like that would great.
3. Any other activities you'd think would be fun (e.g., male review, etc).

Thanks!!!

Re: Bachelorette weekend ideas

• edited December 2011

Since she likes 80s music, I would check out the 80s Prom in Boston.  A friend of mine went there for a bachelorette party and had a blast! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Restaurants I'd suggest:
    - Cuchi Cuchi (Cambridge - tapas)
    - Dali (Somerville - tapas)
    - Tangerino (Charlestown - Morroccan with hukka & belly dancers, etc.)
    - The Beehive (Boston - American comfort food, super cool atmosphere, live music)
    - Eastern Standard (Boston - good atmosphere, connected to hotel which makes it easy)

2.  Bars
    - 28 Degrees (Boston, South End - swanky atmosphere, great for martinis)
    - Howl at the Moon (Boston - new dueling piano bar, need to make reservation!)
    - a ton of Irish bars do 80's night - maybe Yelp it?

3.  Fun stuff
    - Limelight Stage & Studios (Boston - karaoke bar, rent your own private room, really super fun!)
    - Jacques Cabaret (Boston - drag show, supposed to be a blast!)
    - Bustonian (party bus you rent)
  • aubrimaubrim member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with snakkcakes on most of her choices!

Cuchi Cuchi has a much cooler vibe than Dali. I love Dali (it was right after a dinner there that FH proposed!) but Cuchi Cuchi is much more of a ladies night place. Dali has good food, but groups are a bit hard as it's a small place.

Howl at the moon!! Love love loveee it.

As far as "after" fun, I totally recommend Jacques. I'm actually going again next weekend for a girlfriends birthday party! It's a small dive bar, but they have the most amazing drag shows every night. Call ahead, reserve a table and show up on time to make sure they don't give your table away. Drinks are cheap but it's cash only. We went to the 10 o'clock show and didn't leave till after midnight.. It will keep you entertained!!

Hope this helps!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards