New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Venue recommendations UPDATE

Thanks to everyone who helped with my additional venue recommendations! We've been to a couple of places since, and I did A LOT more research on locations in our area. We seem to have narrowed our choices down to three: Greentree, Beckwith Pointe and Kittle House.

What we both really like is the old mansion kinda feel. Something a little less typical and a bit more personal than the big wedding halls. The Kittle House really fits that description. The other two a bit less so, but they are much less expensive and offer MUCH more food.

Does anyone have anything good, bad or otherwise to say about any one of these places? I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Re: Venue recommendations UPDATE

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've thrown parties for my school district at Greentree for about 200 people.  I was very satisfied with service, food and everyone was wonderful when going through the planning. 

My friend is getting married and having her reception at Beckwith next month and she has had a great experience working with them so far. 

Good luck planning!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked the Greentree for our Oct 2011 wedding ad couldn't be happier with it. not only did they give us a fantastic price but having been to a few events there I know the food is top notch and the service is excellent.
    October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Greentree.  The only reason we aren't having our wedding there is my cousin had hers there about a year ago... it was amazing!  I've heard Beckwith does a wonderful party (I feel like my prom may have been there (btw I'm in my early/mid 20's so it wasn't THAT long ago) but I don't remember.)  Know nothing about Kittle.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! Does anyone know anything about the grand hotel and the grandview? One has the view and one has an amazing package?? has anyone attended a wedding at either place?? Any information would be helpful..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister got married at the Grandview.  It was beautiful, the food and service were fantastic, and the views were beautiful.  She had the ballroom inside, not the tent outside.
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge:Favorite Snack
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a wedding at the Grand Hotel...kinda typical wedding, typical wedding food, other weddings going on at same time. But if you don't mind, it can still be a good time and it was nice to just walk up to our room after a night of drinking and then to have complimentary breakfast w/the bride and groom the next morning.
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kristen- my friend had her reception at Beckwith about 3 years ago.  From what I can remember- it was great!!  The only thing that I didn't like was that the cocktail hour room and reception room are the same- they just put up a temporary wall between the two areas.  Other than that- the view was beautiful and service was great!  She loved it!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards