Massachusetts-Boston

Wedding Books

Can anyone recommend a great book that you bought/received?  It is a gift for a newly engaged relative.

Re: Wedding Books

• baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean like a wedding planning book?

My favorite thus far has been MIss Manners' Guide to a Surprisingly Dignified Wedding.  It's useful AND humorous.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked The Modern Bride Survival Guide.  I found it the most useful
     and interesting.  But I got it from the library, not sure I would have bought it.  I'm so bummed they stopped making the magazine!  It was also my favorite bridal mag.
  • edited December 2011
    I love Wedding Planning for Dummies.  It was written in 2003 or so, so it's a bit dated.  But has a LOT of great information.  I've read it several times throughout my planning and I learn something each time.
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    I loved my Martha Stewart Planner :) It was known as the wedding bible in my household!
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Budget brides had some goood tips for wedding on a budget.

Or a planning book, one that is a binder, with folders where you can put cut outs from magazines.
  • edited December 2011
    I like Wedding Planning for Dummies as well. It's been my go to. I also like that Big Book of Bridal something or other-- it's white and sold in every store brides go in :) But really the Dummies one is my favorite. I've bought it for several of my friends.
  • kales1020kales1020 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best book for your money is The Wedding Book by Mindy Weiss. It is the most comprehensive one out there, and has literally EVERYTHING you need to know. I think I read through the whole thing in 2 weeks when I first got engaged, and now that I'm actually doing the planning, I'm going back to read the appropriate sections. http://www.amazon.com/Wedding-Book-Big-Your-Day/dp/0761139605
  • baystate09baystate09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used "The Bride's Book of Lists" by Amy Nebens for all my planning, and "1001 Most Popular Wedding Questions From Wedspace.com" by Alex & Elizabeth Lluch for all my questions. I'd highly recommend both.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Barnes&Noble has a great selection of wedding guides, planners, etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards