New York-Hudson Valley
Options

the grandview

So FH and I are booking The Grandview for late April 2012.  Before doing so though, I accidentally fell for the grey/yellow color combo.  For those of you who have been to the Grandview, would these colors still work in their ballroom?  If not, I could really use some suggestions.  I am kind of lost with the whole color selections.  TIA!

Re: the grandview

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our reception in the Grandview's indoor ballroom (great choice, you'll love it!). To be honest, I never really considered my color scheme against the colors of the room. I feel like it's fairly neutral, though the two colors that come to mind when I think about the room are red and gold. My colors were black and aqua, and I was very happy with the way everything turned out, so I think anything can work in that room. If you're doing the outdoor ballroom, I think it's even less of a consideration, because (if my memory is correct) that's mostly white.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding there in August. I hadn't even thought about it! I think you can definitely make it work :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    jillreymanjillreyman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!  I feel a little better now.  I think I can make it work.. i was just a little afraid if i chose yellow it would fade with the room's gold walls.  also their ballroom carpet is a rich red.. and i def don't want anything to clash.  thanks for all of your support.  it just hit me that this is REAL!
  • Options
    KWats2011KWats2011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should go on their web site and look at wedding pictures- they have brides with SO MANY color schemes. If it is really going to bother you, you could also splurge on some uplighting that changes the lighting in every room!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    jillreymanjillreyman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks KWats,  i'll  go on their site!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards