Massachusetts-Boston

registry stalkage.

My shower invitations went out sometime late last week. I don't know what day, because I didn't send them, but I do know it was mentioned to me that they'd be sent by the end of the week. Anyways; a friend was so excited and told me she got hers, so now I know they are in circulation.... I have now begun compulsively checking my registry. Oh. Man. I thought I wouldn't be a registry stalker. But I can't help it. I even wish it would tell me if someone just looked it, never mind bought anything. 

Re: registry stalkage.

• edited December 2011
    Its okay! :) 

I registry stalk too! I know my shower invites went out a week or so ago. I have let myself look at just the numbers (BBB and Macy's) and not at what was actually bought. It fulfills my curiosity but its so hard to not scroll down further!!! 

Good luck with not registry stalking haha ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My shower was yesterday and I had a serious addiction to registry stalking. I would check it a couple of times a day... the most exciting was last week when so many things got bought.
    I think its a natural curiousity  lol... at least that is what I told myself!
    Married September 25,2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011
    Haha I have a serious registry problem!  Especially now that my shower invites have gone out :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I too am on the stalkage train. My shower invites went out a few weeks ago and it isn't until the middle of August but I still check it multiple times a day. I can't help myself!
  • edited December 2011
    Me too hahaha, someone bought me my buttercup yellow KitchenAid Mixer and I was just in shock!! So excited!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011

My shower was on Sunday and I started out stalking because I knew the invitations went out. However I got upset because hardly anything we wanted was being bought. So instead of getting mad I decided to stop stalking. Come to find out my MOH never told anyone where we were registered. So maybe if I kept stalking I could have figured this mistake out and let people know where we were registered so I could have avoided getting 4 chip and dip servering sets. See there are pluses and minuses to this too!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Ahh- yes I do this too. My shower isn't for another 2 weeks too!
    Isn't it funny that we KNOW what we registered for... and we know (for the most part) what we will be getting at the shower, but yet it STILL excites us when things get bought?! haha it's just the anticipation of opening the gift and actaully using it when you get home!

• edited December 2011
    I didn't stalk my registry because since we picked out what we wanted, it wasn't ever going to be a huge surprise. I also have a very busy job so I don't get too much time on The Knot and had to manage the time I invested in wedding planning anyways. There were a few things that we didn't get on the registry but are leaving it up and assume by the holidays some of our close family members will fill in the gaps :o)
    Irish *wife* on Nantucket, lovin' the island life with the love of my life! image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards