Massachusetts-Boston

DIY Shabby Chic/Vintage Decor

I am getting married November 2012 at Willowdale. I have been picking up pieces for the wedding decor at Yard Sales,Antique Shops and online. I am looking for inexpensive ideas for the table tops,lighting etc.

Also needed:
Inexpensive Photographer
DJ

Re: DIY Shabby Chic/Vintage Decor

• edited December 2011
    What is your budget for photo and DJ?
  • ll981248ll981248 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can highly recommend our photographer.  She's awesome and her prices are super reasonable.

http://www.imcreativephotography.com

Definitely check her out.
  • edited December 2011
    Not knowing that photographers could run up to 4,000, I am suffering sticker shock! and DJ's I have no idea what the average cost is? I only want the DJ for the reception/dancing timeslot, we have a string quartet for the cocktail hour and the walk down the aisle. I just recently was laid off and am now having to cut corners since my fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves. Any suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    Check out Shannon Sorensen Photography. She's newer to the business, but her photos are absolutely amazing. For DJ, check out John Cristoferi and Curtis Knight.
  • crystal5724crystal5724 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out www.nancystronach.com she is also newer to the business and doing my e-pics! 
  • edited December 2011
    Check out Laura Kozlowski.  She's in Boxford right next door to Topsfield.  She is incredibly flexible!  GL
  • edited December 2011

DJ-  NuImage is amazing if you have the budget for them
    DJ Dave Lynch-  Is the best lower cost DJ I've heard.  I'd choose him over Curtis Knight any day.  Although he does get some good reviews.  We seen him 2 weeks ago and were really bored.

Photography- John Lo

There are also a few in NH that travel and are absolutely awesome.  Check out the NH board there is a list of photogs that do both NH and MA.

Pixel Perfect Weddings are amazing.
    NH Images have really great packages at all different prices.

• edited December 2011
    We are using Darry Madden. She is new to wedding photography but has been working for newspapers for years. I really fell in love with her style, and being that she is new she is very affordable! We have met with her once and I've exchanged many emails with her, she is very friendly and as been wonderful to work with.

her email is: darry.madden at gmail.com

here is her blog which just has a sample of some photos to see if you like her style:

http://darrymadden.wordpress.com/

Also, I am planning on buying about 100 votives, at least half of them will be mercury glass different antique looks, to use for my reception venue on the tables and fireplaces. I'd be happy to pass them on to you when I'm done with them. My wedding will be April 2012. I'm planning on buying 4 or 5 styles that go together, one will be this. http://www.amazon.com/Antique-Style-Mercury-Glass-Votive/dp/B004L14ICK

Good luck! I was in sticker shock when I first started looking too!
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked my photographer and absolutely love them! They are a couple and shoot together and are completely within reason as far as prices go! Check them out: www.oneelevenimages.com
    I didnt' want to spend thousands on a photographer but really wanted 2 photographers on the day of the wedding. This couple works great together and as they are getting married themselves, they know exactly what you want. Kelly was super fast in responding to my emails and very attentive and inquisitive when speaking about the engagement shoot and the wedding.

Good Luck!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards