Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Place to buy reasonable Grandmother of the bride dresses

My grandmother is stressing out about what to wear for my wedding. She wants to "cover everything but her head" and needs it to be cheap. She is on a very tight budget and has my wedding and then 5 weeks later my brothers wedding to buy dresses for. Any suggestions on where to find something for her. We looked at David's Bridal, Macys, and Lord and Taylor and everything she liked was close to or over $200.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Place to buy reasonable Grandmother of the bride dresses

• Options
    woodiewoodie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Consignment shops!  Definitely for special occasion dresses.  I've seen so many pretty "MOB" dresses at the upscale shops. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind driving a bit, I would try Olivia's Bridal and Livybuggs' Consignments. It's down in Acushnet. They are pretty new but have amazing deals. I got my wedding dress, rehearsal dress and my mother's MOB dress there! I guess they have a pretty good sized area for MOBs- so my guess is your grandmother would be able to find something there too! Check out their website here: http://www.oliviasbridal.com/

Good luck and God bless!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got my grandmothers dress at Macy's. Very pretty plum long dress with a rose on the hip.
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FMIL bought her dress at JC Penney. They had a lot of the styles that came with a jacket or some kind of cover up, so even if she buys a sleeveless dress, she can still be covered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards