New York-Hudson Valley

westchester bands?

Hi! I'm new to the board, getting married 8/24/2013 - so still pretty far away, but i'm sure it'll fly by :) I'm looking for some westchester bands with great music & reasonable prices & also some advice.. how many "pieces" do generally need?? every band i talk to is talking 7-8 "pieces" and I'm just not really sure if I need one that big? I know music is important so I don't want to "cheap out" on it but also don't want to spend 10k just on the band!! any recommendations would be welcome :) thanks

Re: westchester bands?

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most bands are about 7-8 pieces

Check out Hal Prince - not sure how much they run

My aunt & uncle used Alive N Kickin' & they were excellent

Also heard great things about Phaze 4
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Roseinbloom2Roseinbloom2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had Soul Revival at our wedding and they were amazing!  They are way under $10K too.  I know they are having a showcase next week b/c my co-worker is going and asked if I wanted to join just b/c they were so fun!   Regarding the size, you are right, most are 7-8 pieces, but Soul Revival can go smaller if you wanted, just so you know.  I highly recommend them!  Their website is: www.soulrevivalband.com
    HTH!
    Rose

• edited December 2011
    We used The Touch www.thetouchpage.com and they were great!  They're located in Long Island but sometimes play in Yonkers if you want to hear them.  They play a mix of weddings and bars.  Even with a small travel fee, they were still more reasonably priced than any other band we found. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards