Massachusetts-Boston
Options

How did you choose your hair and MUA? (XP)

I am having a hard time choosing a hair and makeup artist?  I have viewwed several portfolios online and read reviews of course, but it is so difficult to pick when multiple artists get great reviews and have interesting portfolios.  I can't afford to do multiple trials (though I will have a trial with whoever I pick), so how do I know I really found the best hair and MUA for me?  How did you guys decide who to go with?  I haven't been to any recent weddings in the area so I can't get first hand recommendations.

Re: How did you choose your hair and MUA? (XP)

• Options
    I asked for recommendations here and picked one...check back a few pages in this forum. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I got a bunch of recommendations here and then checked out their websites/portfolios. I had two trials and chose one from there.
  • Options
    I went to a local salon and hated what they did so I went to a wedding vendor review website and looked up reviews for local artists. Then I emailed all of the ones that had good reviews and liked their work. I set up a trial with the one with the best price.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I was pretty luckily in this department. My cousin is my hairdresser and one of my good friends is my MAU. Another friend is doing my BMs hair as well. I'm happy to pass up their info if your interested
  • Options
    So many of my friends gave me great info.  A lot of them used the same MUA just because they had experience with her.  I am using her also. Her name is Liz Fuller and she is based out of Hingham I believe.  she travels though so wherever you're having the wedding she'd go to you.  her business is Makeup Artistry Inc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards