New York-Hudson Valley

Surf Club/Beckwith

Hey All... I used to be on the boards from 04-06 when I was planning my wedding.  Now I'm back because my baby sister is engaged and I am matron of honor.  Its been a long time so I feel like a lot of the info I had is outdated so we're starting over with the research.  Her and her fiance are planning for a June or July 2014 wedding for 200 people.  They have visited New Rochelle and will be looking in CT and Rockland over the next few weekends. 

I wanted to start with asking you all if anyone has gotten married at either the Surf Club or Beckwith Pointe in the last year and a half?  So far these are the two that are still in the running from New Rochelle.  Anyone have any thoughts on either of these two?  Our family is very food oriented --- quantity and quality!

Thanks!

Re: Surf Club/Beckwith

• I've heard the Surf Club is very nice but it's a bit out of my budget so I didn't even look at it. My decision came down to the Greentree and Beckwith. I ended up going with Greentree because the ballroom at Beckwith is incredibly outdated. Also, I've since had a tasting at Greentree and the food is AMAZING. Me and FI both have huge italian families so the food was really important. I think everyone will be really pleased with it! 
  • My brother-in-law to-be got married at the Surf Club in June 2011.  The venue was beautiful.  The ceremony on the water was gorgeous.  The bride/groom/wedding party walked to the gazebo from upstairs so the pictures of them coming toward the aisle were all of them looking at the floor.  It was also VERY hot and difficult to hear so make sure the speakers have a microphone.  

The cocktail hour was really nice as well.  We were on the outside terrace overlooking the water.  There was so much food and from what I can remember it was all very good.  The Surf Club was just a part of "Four Brides" on TLC and the contestants said the food was not very good.  The bridal suite was amazing.  It was nice for the entire wedding party (bride's and groom's side) to have a place to retreat to, grab some food or a drink and go to the bathroom and also to hang out with each other for a little while.  The reception room felt very big (I think they had 160 people) so if you are planning on having 200 it shouldn't feel that way.  The only other thing is that there was another party (prom?) going on at the same time and we did run into them on the way out.  

I am also getting married in Westchester, in September 2014.  Have you looked at Whitby Castle or Split Rock Golf Course (where we are probably going to get married).

Let me know if there is anything I didn't cover!
  • I have been to weddings at all venues also VIP country club. I would reccomend VIP it has a beautiful view, very elegant rooms and great food!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards