Massachusetts-Boston

Dress Boutique???

Hi Girls,

I'm starting to think about dress shopping and I'd love to hear your recommendations on where to go.  Although I am in love with 2 different designer dresses that are about 5k each, my realistic dress budget is $1200 - $1500.  Can anyone recommend a shop that has a wide selection, great service and dresses within my budget....aside from David's that is.  I'm looking for a more personalized and pleasant experience.  Oh, and I guess I should specify that I'm looking for a shop anywhere from Boston, North Shore, to Southern NH.

TIA!  I always appreciate the feedback! Wink

Re: Dress Boutique???

• winterclassicwinterclassic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bella Sera in Danvers on 114. They were not pushy at all.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to New York Lace in Taunton and loved it.  My dres hasn't come in yet, so I can't speak to alterations, but dress shopping was great there.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved Bella Sera in Danvers! They were great and I didn't feel forced to buy anything.
  • JS888JS888 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Precious Memories in Malden -- great customer service througout the ordering process for my gown and the bridesmaids dresses. They have a lot in your price range too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mia082683mia082683 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Madeline's Daughter in Portsmouth (I think).  Alfred Angelo on 114 in Danvers
    image 180 Invited
    image 160 are joining in!!
    image 17 are missing out!!
    image 3 are late to RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • yoyowynnyoyowynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daughter and I have been all over.  We're looking in that same price range.  Bella Sera was very nice and had a lot of choices.  Precious Memories and La Reine are great and moderately priced.  Great personal service at most of these shops including are Bride's Choice and Bride and Belle.  We didn't like Alfred Angelo at all.   Maria's of Italy in Plymouth also had some gorgeous dresses and nice service  but they're a distance.  We are trying one other place which is in Quincy called Bridal Secret.  Saw some reviews and they sound great.  It's been fun looking at all these dresses and trying to find the perfect dress because they all look so great on her.  Decisions, decisions.  Good luck!!
  • starryeyed13starryeyed13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Platinum Bridal Boutique in Southboro - they just opened about a year ago, the shop is gorgeous and they are really great to work with. 
  • edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo- they have a few locations in MA, i just went to the one in Dedham for my dress and Jana was my consultant, i highly reccomend her, she was the sweetest and really knowledgeable about what would look good on me.  the dresses and beautfil and within your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Another for Precious Memories in Malden-- I think almost all the dresses in the store are within or below your price range.

If you are willing to travel a little farthre south, Country Weddings in Hingham had an amazing selection and service, and had a decent number within your budget, though I think maybe most were a little above that.
  • edited December 2011
    I would also recomend Platinum Bridal Boutique in Southboro.  Great dress selection, great prices and a beautiful boutique!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly highly recommend A Day to Remember in Concord, NH!
    I decided to go in this store last minute while just visiting a friend. We went in on a Saturday with no appointment and even though they were busy they made time for us
    Specifically one of the consultants there, Catherine! She was amazingly helpful and truly listened to what I wanted. Every dress she pulled for me was almost perfect!  Mind you this was my 5th store I had been to. I was ready to give up on the search before going here. I ended up finding my dream dress!! I really loved this place!
  • opalsky007opalsky007 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Vows, in Newton. They specialize in designer samples. I bought my Kenneth Pool gown there within your price range, so they have a lot to offer. Their website is bridepower.com if you want to check out their selection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards