New York-Hudson Valley

Indoor-only Venues

We're looking for a venue within an hour of Rockland County, in any direction.

WeI'd like something that looks unique and historic and has a great ballroom that doesn't require much decorating. The only time I want my guests to spend outdoors is walking from their cars or having a cigarette so we really want the location to have great decor for a ceremony and reception.

We're also seriously considering an off-season wedding so anything that has a great winter theme would be awesome.

Thanks ladies!

Re: Indoor-only Venues

• try the mansion at colonial terrace in cortlandt manor.  very affordable and not much decorating needed.
  • Im getting married in January, so I also needed an indorr-only venue.  We are having our reception at the Rockleigh, in Rockleigh, NJ... its about 15 min from Nyack, so well within your radius.  The ballroom is gorgeous- so not much decorating needed at all! 
  • Look into The Old Tappan Manor. It is an indoor only venue and they have a STUNNING grand ballroom! They just renovated their cocktail room as well. They have high ceilings and beautiful lighting. They are located in Old Tappan NJ and 5 miutes over the Rockland County border. I am getting married there in September!
  • Also check out the Pearl River Hilton. 
  • I would also try the Villa Barone Hilltop Manor in Mahopac NY . I go there for their Winter Wonderland and NYE parties , the place is decorated amazingly !  They might have pics on their website. I was also married there :)   VillaBaroneHilltop.com   Good Luck ! 
  • You should also try Christos http://www.christoscatering.com/

We were very pleased with Christos in Poughkeepsie, and the price was reasonable.  It has a Country Club feel and the food is wonderful. You can negotiate a package that suits your budget and needs.  Chris tells you the price per guest, and that is the price you pay, including cake, table flowers, tax and tip.  Go to Christos!! Tell him Toni told you.. ;o)

Matt & I just had our wedding at Christos 9/23/12. Wow. The place is as immaculate as it is beautiful and elegant. The food was outrageous and bountiful. The filet was scrumptious -- Chris is very personal during the whole night. The grounds are stunning for pictures. The ceremony room needs very little decor since it is surrounded by walls of windows overlooking the lovely golf course. Everyone raved about it the whole night. Bathrooms are very tasteful and clean. The bridal room is spacious and comfortable. Even the cake cart is pretty.  If you are getting married or will be having any kind of event at all... this is the place to have it. So glad I chose Christos... it is truly an anointed place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards