Massachusetts-Boston

calligraphy?

do most people hire a calligrapher for their invitations? 

what would be the best thing to do:

Re: calligraphy?

• edited December 2011
    We had computer calligraphy done for our invites. It looks just as good as hand calligraphy, but it's a lot cheaper.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_calligraphy-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:c99464e0-0c05-4576-bc3c-1572f29da0cfPost:1c0ed22c-9945-414a-a356-b4dd63c02e66">Re: calligraphy?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had computer calligraphy done for our invites. It looks just as good as hand calligraphy, but it's a lot cheaper.
    Posted by JBs_Bride[/QUOTE]

we had ours done with computer calligraphy as well, it looked perfect and at half the cost --- there was no way either of was going to hand write them and I'm not a fan of labels on wedding invites, but that's me personally
  • edited December 2011

can you send me the website you used and offer any advice on the computer calligraphy b/c I don't know anything about it...thanks so much

• edited December 2011
    We had them done by a woman on Etsy.  She did an amazing job and the price wasn't bad at all.  Her shop was called Artful Celebrations and she was fantastic to work with. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I used "Calligraphy by Michelle B" - she wasn't expensive and was very easy to work with.

I had considered the preprinted calligraphy route but wanted a more personal touch, and I think this ended up costing about the same anyway!  Her website is http://www.calligraphybymichelle.com/

Good luck!

• njlfrednjlfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I had known about the computer calligraphy, I might have done that.  However, I did not at the time of my wedding. 

Neither my husband or I has good handwriting, so we went the calligraphy route.  We used afineletter.com and I have nothing but good things to say - service and price were great, envelopes came out beautifully.
  • noodle_oonoodle_oo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We printed the addresses directly on the envelopes using a nice, free font.  They looked beautiful and cost us nothing (well, ink I guess!).  Took us like one afternoon to do them all, it was pretty easy.
  • edited December 2011
    We also used A Fine Letter and like the PP, I can't say enough good things about them - beautiful work, fast turnaround, and REALLy affordable! I thought about doing the calligraphy myself, but after all the work we put into the wedding, by the time I got to that, it was the LAST thing I wanted to do - worth every penny to have someone do it for me Wink
  • blaharnblaharn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The graphic designer we hired to do our invites is also printing the addresses in a nice font for us as well.  I had considered writing them out myself - I have nice handwriting, but it's not close to calligrapher level! I figured it was one less thing for me to worry about...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear this, b/c A Fine Letter is one of the calligraphers I had noted as a possible calligrapher...thanks
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll take a look
  • edited December 2011
    Wrote mine out with very neat writing <:  and gold ink.

Our place cards were done by a calligrapher though and were very reasonable! I highly recommend her! Very easy to work with and she has her business in the North End so perfect excuse to grab some pastries <:
    Lettering by Liz :
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards