Massachusetts-Boston

Looking for a venue in South Shore area

I live in the south shore and am looking for a venue that includes just about everything. We'd like to have it in a hotel, and loved the Four Points Sheraton in Norwood but my brother got married there. If we went there, we would be in a different room for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, but I'd still like somewhere different. Especially since he's my twin. 
We do have a budget and are paying most of it ourselves, so we won't be having a huge, extravagant affair. Only about 100-115 guests. Any suggestion sare greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: Looking for a venue in South Shore area

• The Villa in East Bridgewater is gorgeous! Also, the Red Lion Inn in Cohasset is nice and also in Cohasset is Atlantica. If you wanted to stay closer to Boston, Granite Links in Quincy is very nice and also the Marriott in Quincy is very nice. Venezia in Quincy is right on the water and is gorgeous! I'm not sure what the packages are that these places offer but those are some of the venues I looked at / have been to weddings at. Good Luck with your search!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What kind of budget do you have? Most of those places listed are somewhat pricey. I am getting married at the Villa and the closest hotel is about 20 minutes away. Venezia is actually in Dorchester and can be confusing to get to. The best western Adams inn in Quincy is on the water and they do functions but I'm not sure of their prices. Also the Nantasket beach resort has been updated and has weddings as well. http://www.bwadamsinn.com/ http://www.nantasketbeachhotel.com/pages/1/10/
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Budget is under 30k. Which is why I'd like more "stuff" to be included. Like the flowers and DJ for instance. I'm looking into the Villa actually, they have an open house tomorrow night but the fiance isn't available to see it. It looks beautiful. We have a LOT of out of town guests so we don't want them traveling too far to get to the venue. Thanks for your help ladies and good luck to you as well!
  • We are getting married at the Mansfield Holiday Inn. There package is great and the most reasonably priced we could find. Tom has been great to work with, the coordinator. Very pretty foyer area for cocktails. Highly recommend you check it out!

• The Saphire event group also has the Saphire estate which is also beautiful and hotels are not too far.
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The marriott in Quincy is nice.  I've been there for functions and proms.  We had our wedding at the Atlantica which was gorgeous and I loved it.  There's a hotel next to it, the Cohasset Harbor Inn.  
  • Have you looked at tirrel room in quincy? I think they are reasonably priced no clue about capacity and they have all inclusive packages down to invites and flowers even. Good luck.
  • Just sent you a private message with some ideas!
  • Atlantica in Cohasset is very pricey, as is the Red Lion Inn.  You're paying for location for these two spots.  Every price gets inflated in Cohasset.  Another individual mentioned the Tirrell Room in Quincy. I second that.  I attend a wedding there - with the same amount of guests - and thought it was very nice.  The bride & groom were married outside w/ the reception held indoors. 

Marriott in Quiny is another great option - since you have a lot of out of town guests.  The Nantasket Beach Hotel (food is by Rafael's) is ok - but is a bit of a way to get to for traveling guests. I'd pick Venezia's before this location.  I went to a large 200+ wedding there - no one had a hard time getting there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you so much everyone! The advice is really helping out a lot. We have an appt at the Marriott in Quincy this Friday. I got quotes from the Tirrell Room a couple of weeks ago and it's def an option, especially since they include everything in their package. The Saphire Estate and The Villa were on the table but they're both apparently out of the way and not terribly close to any hotels.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_looking-for-a-venue-in-south-shore-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:cb2b95fa-f48a-4c8a-a455-e14e2fadf1a7Post:e269d270-a979-4a58-b7c2-ffc836148e45">Re: Looking for a venue in South Shore area</a>:
    [QUOTE]Atlantica in Cohasset is very pricey, as is the Red Lion Inn.  You're paying for location for these two spots.  Every price gets inflated in Cohasset.  Another individual mentioned the Tirrell Room in Quincy. I second that.  I attend a wedding there - with the same amount of guests - and thought it was very nice.  The bride & groom were married outside w/ the reception held indoors.  Marriott in Quiny is another great option - since you have a lot of out of town guests.  <strong>The Nantasket Beach Hotel (food is by Rafael's) is ok - but is a bit of a way to get to for traveling guests. I'd pick Venezia's before this location.  I went to a large 200+ wedding there - no one had a hard time getting there.
    </strong>Posted by polim22[/QUOTE]

Rafael's is no longer in Hull and does not provide the food for the Nantasket Beach Resort. Also it used to be the Clarion and changed owners. The food is provided by the Paragon Grill and Surf Lounge. Venenzia may not be difficult to get to if you are from the area however the entrance to the neighborhood is located right before the on ramp to the highway and although people may not get lost it can be confusing. Also although Venenzia has a nice view Dorchester is not the nicest place and I would not ever ask my guests to stay there.

I am going to a wedding at the Saphire Estate in June and the hotel is only about 10 minutes away. If you are looking for a place that has a hotel attached to it Saphire Event Group and Venenzia are not the place. The Red Lion Inn can be pricey but it was cheaper than the Villa and within your budget. I have heard great things about Quincy Marriott.

Goodluck!
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • My fiance and I are from the South Shore and looked everywhere! 
     I loved Atlantica but I was a bit hesitant to book b/c of the way management treated us during our visit to look at the venue. But the room is very pretty!
    Indian Pond CC in Kingston was very nice, also Granite Links in Quincy has a killer view of Boston. Pinehills in Plymouth was another great venue- very pretty room and I believe the food is catered by East Bay Grille- which is amazing.
    We booked with Blackrock CC in Hingham- they have been great and able to work within our budget, only one wedding a day- which is a bonus!

good luck with your search!

• I'm looking in Boston/South Shore as well (our ceremony is going to be in Westwood). Not sure if these would fit your budget but they seem to be lower cost than other venues -

- Saphire Estate (already mentioned above)
    - Lakeview Pavillion (though others have said there are hidden costs with this one)
    - Hyatt Harborside (by the airport)
    - Boston College Club (you need a member to sponsor you but their event minimum is $19,000 and this includes virtually everything)

The other one I'm looking at is Connors Center in Dover, but you bring in outside vendors so I'm not totally clear yet on how expensive it might be.
  • I don't think anyone has mentioned Spring Valley Country Club in Sharon but we absolutely loved it. Also Black Rock CC in Hingham is really nice
  • We got married at The Doubltree Bedford Glen located in burlington,ma. Near the burlington mall. Everything was included excpept for my bouquet and the girls flowers/and DJ. I loved the staff,cleaniness,and surroundings. The price was very reasonable for the area. We also looked into the Dedham Hilton but because of price we went with Double tree because we got more for our money. Always negotiate.  Maybe they can waive the ceremony fee? Or Minus a four course meal and have some extra money to spend else where. Thats what we did and helped us stay on budget.  Good luck with your search. 

We used. Groove Entertainment Joe Toto and his wife Marcia Photos/Video they were awesome. Since we did a package with them it was a little cheaper.
    We used Special Events for hair and Make-up love love them so much. Noel and Rachel.
    Yes was expenisve but worth every penny.
    Invitaitons used Coordinally Yours (in newton area) reasonable in price don't over spend in this department.
    Hope this will help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards