Massachusetts-Boston
Options

OOT bags

I am trying to come up with stuff to put in the OOT bags to be given out at the hotel. So far I'm thinking of a map of the area, especially the stuff within walking distance, and putting stars next to places FI and I recommend. I was also thinking of doing personalized water bottles, and possibly some chocolate. I am trying to find something local that we could put in as well, and most of our family doesn't drink so local brews are out. Any ideas? Also, when do you typically start ordering the things for the bags?

Re: OOT bags

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are some cute bean pot things filled with candy. http://www.potshopofboston.com/BeanPots.htm

The MBTA also has some unusual stuff. Might actually be helpful with the maps :)

http://www.mbtagifts.com/

Retro/Vintage Inspirations

imageimageimage

• Options
    ll981248ll981248 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Legal Sea Foods take-out bags, and I still have a couple left over.  I also have some Boston maps left.  Let me know if you want them - just send me a private messages.

We include beverages and some snacks besides the map.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_oot-bags-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:cc91eba1-18e1-46d4-9203-dd96b741162bPost:6dacd085-5163-4c66-963f-6e66da6c9bf4">Re: OOT bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]we got copies of the Improper Bostonian, got the free Trolley Maps from Old Town Trolley, cape cod chips, snicker bar, ring pop (get it?!), water, cookies, goldfish crackers and hershey kisses. You definitely need to set a budget on the bags, you can get very carried away! We were going to put Nantucket nectar drinks in it, but it was very expensive! Good luck!
    Posted by Pesapenny[/QUOTE]

I LOVE these ideas! Especially the ring pop, lol. Did any of your OOT guests get it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just finished our OOT bags this past weekend.  We put in it two bottles of water (personalized labels), sky bars and mars bars (originated in MA), asprin, welcome note, cape cod chips, and put them all in a welcome to MA bag.
  • Options
    dparisidparisi member
    edited December 2011
    It can get expensive because there are so many cool things you could include. We had to do 40 bags, so we tried really hard to get the best deals we could.
    We included two stamped post cards, one with a note requesting they drop the B&G a line to let them know how they enjoyed their trip to Boston, we bought a book of old boston post cards and matched them up with the new boston-a lot of people commented on them . Necco Wafers, Cape Cod Chips, Lobster Lollipop, Granola Bars, Personalized water bottles, Do not disturb door hanger, boston baked beans, T maps, flyers of what to do in Boston (we got them from different hotels off the rack).  A lanyard with information on the wedding and a number if they got lost or just wanted ideas for their visit.
  • Options
    njlfrednjlfred member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our bags were reusable Red Sox bags we purchased from Iparty.  We skipped the personalized water, but put Poland Spring bottles in there (still local)...  Other local items we stuck in the bag included Necco Wafers, Cape Cod Chips, Lobster Lollipop, and Boston Baked Beans. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have info on all of the stuff we included in our OOT bag in my bio under Paper/DIY
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    AnnetteMPerryAnnetteMPerry member
    edited December 2011
    What size Cape Cod Chips did you put in each bag and where did you buy them? I'm trying to find the best price... I want to include these in my bags too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards