Massachusetts-Boston

Boston Photographer or Vineyard Photographer

We are getting married on the Vineyard next October and are looking for a good photographer that is reasonable. Any suggestions?

Re: Boston Photographer or Vineyard Photographer

• edited December 2011
    Answered your post on the Cape board
  • edited December 2011
    How much are you looking to spend?
  • ll981248ll981248 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We loved our photographer!  We did an engagement session and got six hours on the wedding day, and all pictures on a CD for $1300.  She's also very easy to work with and totally flexible on a lot of things.  She's based in Boston, but will travel to the cape.  Check her out:

http://www.imcreativephotography.com

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I would think that hiring a Boston photographer (or at least one that isn't from the Vineyard) would be cheaper. That said, I hired Portrait New England and they are very reasonable. They also don't charge for travel within New England, which may be a big bonus for you. I have been extremely happy with them so far.
    www.portraitnewengland.com
  • jaime10285jaime10285 member
    edited December 2011
    I love our photographer Melissa Deschamp!  http://www.melissadeschamp.com/
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    john loconte from www.johnlophoto.com amazing! hth
  • CapeMJA84CapeMJA84 member
    edited December 2011
    Don't let geography be a concern.  If they're willing to travel, or if their travel fee ends up being less than what you'd pay another anyways - it all washes out.  

We went with Berryphotos at www.berryphotos.com and couldn't have been happier.  They take amazing pictures and their packages basically have everything we could ever want and then some.  There's no time restrictions, we got every image on disc with full rights and our album is from Italy!  We were thrilled with the service from start to finish.
  • edited December 2011
    Loved our photographer, Scott Metzger.  I have a review in my bio along with links to the slideshow he made for us and our album proof. 

http://www.metzgerstudios.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We are using jessica doherty photography.  She is awesome and her work is beautiful.  She  is from the Plymouth area.  Her prices are great in comparison to many people we spoke with.  She also has options for those looking to save a little money that are great!

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your budget and is there anything you want included in your package?
  • kaydoogskaydoogs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. The average quote we are getting from Vineyard photographers is $2,100-$3,500 not including the cd, 5 hours of photography, and 2 photographers. We found a really good one for five hrs but my fiancé is unsure about the length of time. Is it better to go 5 hrs and 2 photographers or 8 hours and one photographer?
  • michelle11988michelle11988 member
    edited December 2011
    My guy and his assistant are about $3,000 including rights and and an album for 8 hours.  His name is David LaChapelle / Amore Photography.  I would definitely talk to him and see what he can do.

Anniversary
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Adriano Batti and loved him.  He travels as well.

adrianobatti.com
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • shoreshotz1shoreshotz1 member
    edited December 2011
    I think if you find a photographer that you "click with' and love their style you simply need to email them & let them know your budget.   I can honestely tell you that most photographers would be thrilled to work with you on the Vineyard and not charge extra fees...it is not a significant cost to add on the travel of the ferry and possible overnight hotel...most can work it in. DO not limit yourself, just ask...the worst you will hear is no...and I doubt a good Cape photographer would say no.
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    5 hrs is limited - most photographers offer 6 hrs and up for packages. Check out Hello Love Photography, Lisa Rigby, Shang Chen and Visual-Obsession. 
  • MikeF&SarahCMikeF&SarahC member
    edited December 2011
    Darling Photography, based out of Maine, I found her prices to be half or less of Mass coastal area photographer and her quality and style leagues above.  Jennifer Storer is the owner and photographer she will travel!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards