Massachusetts-Boston

Tipping

Hi Ladies-

Has anyone figured out the appropriate amount to tip servers/photog/coordinator? I've seen both % and set dollar amounts so I'm all confused! Also, did anyone tip their florist? I'm planning on tipping makup/hair stylists 20% but if I use that percentage for the servers as well, that's over $100 per server!

Re: Tipping

• edited December 2011
    Servers' gratuity was included in the per-head price, which was 12.5%.  Bartenders had 18% added to the bill at the end of the evening.

We had a coordinator as part of the venue and we did not tip her because we didn't feel it was warranted for the job she did.  We did give the banquet captain $100 because he did a great job.

Photographer: $150, which was about 5%

Florist: no tip, though you can tip the delivery person $10 per location if you want.  We did not.

I read somewhere that no one person should get over $150.  So tip 15-20% as a guide, but don't go over $150.  Of course, if you don't feel they did a great job, you can give less.  If they do a fantastic job, you can give more.  I wish we tipped our DJ more - he did an amazing job!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • edited December 2011
    Our pp includes a 15% gratuity for servers and bartenders. We're giving our banquet manager an extra $100 because he did a great job and our coordinator as well because she came in on her day off for our rehearsal.

We didn't tip the photographer or florist because they are the owners. We gave our DJ a $100 tip because he kept the dance floor packed all night.

I tipped hair/make-up 20%
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards