Massachusetts-Boston

Budget DJ for Wedding this Year

Hi,

skoodoosh@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!!!

Re: Budget DJ for Wedding this Year

• edited December 2011
    my dj is costing be just a little over what you are looking for, but he may be negotiable... www.djshellyshell.com
  • edited December 2011
    I have said this in about 3 different places here.  I am not using a DJ.  I couldn't find one for under $500.  We got a BOSE speaker system, a microphone and a good friend to help us out.  We hook the iPod into the speaker and its just like a DJ, they do the same thing.....in the end we get to keep the speaker system and call it a day!  Good Luck!
  • penny12986penny12986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cheapest DJ that I was able to find was the one that I booked, Ken Drew.  His office is in Millis, MA but he travels everywhere.  For a Saturday wedding, his website says $800 and our's is on a Sunday so there was a $50 discount, bringing our total to $750 for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music in 3 separate locations.  His website is djkendrew.com
  • edited December 2011
    Contact DJ Dave Lynch.  He is based out of NH but I've heard awesome reviews about him.  I have seen him a few years ago and thought he was really good.
  • edited December 2011
    We will be using Alfred Travesio (www.djsoundforce.com). He is out of Cranston, RI.  He charges a bit more than your budget, but he may be willing to negotiate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    157 image Invited guests
    73image Will be celebrating with us!
    81 image Would rather look at our wedding photo album and/or video
    3 image Making me wait

RSVP Date September 18, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I found that most vendors aren't willing to negotiate. My wedding in March is considered off season. I couldnt find a DJ willing to work with me and I contacted about 10. They think they have you over a barrel, when all they do is play music from iTunes, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards