Massachusetts-Boston

Back Bay Hotels

Hello! anyone know of a hotels in the back bay that offer a good group discount? Right now we are leaning towards The Back Bay Hotel (formerly Jurys) but if anyone got a great group deal somwhere else we would change!
Thanks!

Re: Back Bay Hotels

• kates2480kates2480 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it depends on the time of year... we had our wedding at the back bay hilton and our rate was 229 in the fall a few years ago.
  • edited December 2011
    I got a group rate of $199 ft the Boston Park Plaza for a weekend in October 2010 that I think is a pretty good deal. Hope that helps.
  • edited December 2011
    Try putting in a request at hotelplanner.com. Hotels will bid and give you the rates and details, rather than you having to call each one, and its free.
  • edited December 2011
    There is also the Marriott Copley.  If you go to the marriott website, you can request a quote for your wedding and they are pretty quick at giving you a quote.  There is also a Courtyard by Marriott, which is nice.  You can put in a request for that hotel within the same inquiry. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    BTW- 199 for the plaza is a good deal...definitely, especially for that time of year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Lenox is giving us a rate of $149 in January...they've been great to work with too. The Colonnade and the Westin both quoted me $199.
  • Moneypenny424Moneypenny424 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It will definitely depend on the time of year.  For our September 13, 2008 wedding, all of our quotes were for $250 (Lenox, Marriott Courtyard, Marriott).  It was $199 at the Radisson in the theater district, which was closeby.  We used the Lenox as our main hotel and they were great to work with!
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I definitely also suggest using hotelplanner.com.  We got a couple places to even bid against each other.  We ended up going with the Copley Square Hotel ($229 in June) because it's been recently remodeled and the modern style really appealed to us.  I think the Lenox bid something like $209, and the Plaza maybe $199? 

We also decided to go with a cheaper hotel option in Cambridge that had free parking (for those driving in), and that was walking distance to the T.  We went with the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Cambridge near Lechmere.  I think that one is $119.  I've already heard from people who are staying at each that they like having options at different price points and didn't have to find their own hotel in an unfamiliar city.

Oh, and we reserved 10 rooms at each, but can add more as needed based on availability.

GL!

Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards