Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Who do you use/are using as your florist?

Hey guys,

I am starting to look around for a florist.  I am looking to spend around 1500 (hopefully).  We will have 4 BMs and 4 groomsmen and approximately 15 tables?  I know the price of flowers varies greatly depending on what you want but I dont have anything crazy in mind and I definitely need a florist with a vision bc I am not really sure what I want!

Thanks!

Re: Who do you use/are using as your florist?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a florist who did one of my BMs weddings last April, Tiffany Weddings out of RI.  I compared the same exact arrangements/bouquets quote she gave me with another popular florist in NH, and Tiffany was 25% cheaper.  Her prices are SO reasonable and she's fantastic to work with!

If you tell her what your price point is, how many of bouquets and such you need, what your colors are, and if you have any theme you want to incorporate she'll give you a quote with her ideas and creations.  She really helped me figure out what I wanted.

I have the same numbers as you do.  My first quote came out to $1100 and because I've been adding here and there I'm up to $1600, which is awesome for how much work she's doing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are using Kelly from Beautiful Blooms. She works from home so her prices are very reasonable. I feel like I'm getting a lot for our money. Her number is 617.840-7921 I will have pictures after December 11th!

• Options
    pretzelgrrlpretzelgrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fino Fresh Flowers in Winchester, MA
    They have a huge photo album of their flowers catergerized by colors...it really helped me think about what I wanted my bouquet and centerpieces to look like.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    abilifymeabilifyme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a very similar wedding size (and budget) as yours and found a lot of success working with Orchids N' Blooms (www.orchidsnblooms.com).  Early on other studios weren't willing to work with the budget we had, but ONB was more than happy to.   

I posted reviews on here recently (if you can find them) or you can check Wedding Wire as well.  A few other girls on here have used them also and had rave reviews.  Good luck!
    "If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
  • Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is another post on this page with Florists, just scroll down a little for more ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just Charlotte's Designs out of Walpole and they were fantastic!  Everyone loved all my flowers and the price was good as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    blaharnblaharn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Nicole from Blooms of Hope. She's out of Belmont. Beautiful work, very reasonable prices. The best part is that she donates 50% of her profits to charity.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Danielson Flowers out of Shrewsbury.  The women there (Judy and Deb) are so nice and had awesome suggestions for my flower choices and centerpieces to make it fun and stay within our budget.  I know nothing about flowers, but knew I wanted a lot of color and texture and they recommended a perfect mix!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Suzanne Bellanger at Bella Floral Design.  Reviews and pics of actual flowers in bio

http://www.bellafloraldesign.com
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Local Color Floral Designs in Kittery, ME (and getting married in Rockport, MA).  Kristin Blackwell is FABULOUS - we hit it off right away and she even came to our first meeting with some of the same magazine cutouts that I had!  We were totally on the same page.  She is super reasonable, willing to work hard to come up with creaitve ideas, and an awesome communicator. 

My entire florist budget is just under $1,000, which includes:
    - ceremony decor
    - reception decor (centerpieces, cocktail tables, food tables, etc.)
    - 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 1 flower girl bouquet
    - 5 groomsman bouts
    - bridal bouquet
    - groom & father of the bride bout
    - 3 mother & 2 sister corsages

She is awesome, awesome, awesome!  Check her out:  www.localcolorflowers.com. Also, her travel fees were the same as someone who was in the next town over from my reception!
  • Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Evergreen in Stoneham.  I loved them.  Affordable and very attentive to details.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Tiari530Tiari530 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're using Valerie Miller from Flowers by Val in Lawrence, MA, she works from home so her prices are very reasonable. I have 9 bouquets, 12 boutonnieres, 5 corsages, arch with flowers, 2 pedestal arrangements, 6 pew pieces, 12 centerpieces, 3 head table arrangements and the throwing bouquet, she's only charging me $1,300 and flower petals are free she uses them for whatever you want and as many as you want. Check out her webiste:

www.flowerbyval.shutterfly.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Judy's Village Flowers in Foxboro, MA and we loved her! Our flowers were incredible and they lasted a while. She is also willing to work with your budget! GL!

~erin~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    her shop is small, but she does AMAZING work.  The Flower Pot in Maynard, MA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you do not already have a flower vendor.......

I am charging almost nothing to do wedding arrangements because I need pictures for our website !! so this is a great opportunity for you to get great quality arrangements at pretty much cost price.  Let me know if you are interested.

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/le-fleur-vogue-boston/b12bea87eb9f5c30.html

Warm regards,

Maja
    LeFleurVogue@gmail.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards