Massachusetts-Boston

Kondeiter Meister vs. Icing on the Cake reviews

Our venue offers cake packages from either of these vendors so we recently checked them both out at tastings. Here is my review:

Kondeiter Meister- was high volume with appointments; quite crowded and not as personalized. The great thing was they gave us samples (and HUGE peices that we took to go as well) of their 18 flavors too. Their cream is unique; very buttery/creamy. Cake not as moist as Icing on the Cake but we were sold on the pumpkin maple that we will use at our fall wedding. They are more expensive for anything outside of the package (ie. $75 for some fondant leaves on cake) and I didn't feel like they would necessarily copy my vision of what I want exactly but still our top choice.

Icing on the Cake- VERY personalized. You meet with the owner who is very nice. Samples weren't as generous- ie. we were only able to choose 4-5 samples of the dozens of flavors and slices were small. However, for extras they were cheaper and offered more options, more personalized. They also offer a free anniversary cake if you take a picture of your cake the day of wedding and send it to them! We felt more at ease there, confident that she could meet our needs moreso than KM but they don't offer fall flavors :( Cake was more moist and frosting good too. Can't go wrong with either places but KM got our final vote!

Re: Kondeiter Meister vs. Icing on the Cake reviews

• I just went to Kondeiter Meister this weekend to try cakes and no lie, they were GROSS.  There is absolutely NO flavor in the cake itself, while the fillings were below average at best. After all the hype I heard about KM, I really thought I was going to be impressed let alone happy. While the service was great and our cake person very friendly, I'm sorry I would not serve that bland, tastless cake to my guests!
  • We went with KM for our wedding cake and we were very happy! However, I knew that we were going with them before we stepped in the door and the flavor too, but still pretended I didn't so I could enjoy all the great flavors :) I use to work in banquets and events and all the chefs and managers I work with always get there cakes there too. Can't go wrong!
  • I was on the fence to between KM and IOTC and I have to say Konditormeister won me over.. the cake was better then I expected and they really were accomodating in what I wanted. The carrot cake was fantastic!
  • Yes, the carrot cake was amazing! I agree, it is very unique cake, great frosting....it's more of a "business" there and is quite thriving and for good reason! But FYI, Icing on the Cake was more personalized, great service, more options and affordability too....just not my special flavor!

• I really disliked the cakes at Konditor Meister.  We sampled them for our wedding cake, and FAR prefered Icing on the Cake, and several others. 
    Our tasting was mediocre also because of the service, and lack of personalization.
  • I think with KM, it depends on how you hit it.  I attended a bridal show this weekend with one of my friends who just got engaged.  Both KM and IOC were there and neither particularly blew us away.  I think one of the problems is that they make soooooo many cakes at once!  It must be tough to get consistent quality when baking is done that way....

However if I had to choose between the two I'd go with Icing.  Their frosting was much better than KM's - not too sweet and no weird tang to it.  Just my two cents though.  GL! 
    "If I were your wedding, I'd be sleeping with one eye open... " - Bride Wars
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards