Massachusetts-Boston

holy monkey- a used 9K dress?

I would never pay 9k for a dress, but certainly not for a used dress! Anyway this thing is hideous!

http://www.preownedweddingdresses.com/dresses/19689/Other-Size-2.html

Re: holy monkey- a used 9K dress?

• nikkimac1203nikkimac1203 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow. What is going on with that dress? You're right. It is hideous.
  • edited December 2011
    What's with the ruffle along the bust? Totally not flattering...
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    That dress is amazing.  And hysterical.  How can you walk in it?

And I agree, there's no way I would spend $9,000 on a brand-new dress, let alone a used, ugly one like that.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• edited December 2011
    That just made me nauseous.
  • edited December 2011
    LMAO at that dress! It looks like the hideous 25K dress I saw on Say Yes to the Dress recently. We kept joking the girl looked like  a washed up Scarlett O'Hara!
  • edited December 2011
    The Oscar de la Renta dress I was in love with was only $5,000 (ddin't buy it obviously) and it was brand new.  I would never pay $9,000 for a used dress that is that hideous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Shazzie116Shazzie116 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I went dress shopping and told the associates I didn't want to look like a cupcake, that is the dress I pictured. 
  • edited December 2011
    HAHAHA that is hilarious!!!

OHH, I feel so bad for the girl who actually wore that!!!

Seriously, that is an absolute horror!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Holy crap! One case where bigger isn't better...

ETA: I shared this link with one of my co-workers and she said it looked like something JWoww would wear... lol
  • edited December 2011
    oh man... that thing is HIDEOUS.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • thedivaonethedivaone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Holy crap, please tell me only one of those exists in the world.  One is enough!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I literally have no words...

This made me LOL

"Along with this spectacular gown, I am also including the ¾ length veil that was made specifically to enhance the style of this dress. This isn’t your typical wedding gown and it’s not your typical veil…But this gown isn’t for the “typical” bride"

Well that is true!
    12/12/2009
  • edited December 2011
    U G L Y!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • baystate09baystate09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_holy-monkey-used-9k-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:e58fb299-8fa1-4d2d-b87f-d083d87cfb75Post:e8b4d784-16c1-43d1-82bf-6866e08df4f0">Re: holy monkey- a used 9K dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When I went dress shopping and told the associates I didn't want to look like a cupcake, that is the dress I pictured. 
    Posted by Shazzie116[/QUOTE]

LMAO so so true!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Holy mackeral, that is hysterical. I really hope the poor girl who wore (and commissioned?!?!) that monstrousity isn't a knottie!
    Married! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
  • edited December 2011
    Holy cupcake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It looks like something Snookie would wear.

I mean to each their own, but for me, less is more!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our entire wedding was only $10,000.  Paying $9,000 for a used dress?  No way!
  • wpbchef30wpbchef30 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Urban Spoon Catering, Events & Staffing is offering free catering to one lucky couple for their special wedding day! We offer outstanding service at affordable rates. From sushi rolling stations to table side service, our goal is to make your special day a memorable one!

How to register:

Send us an email at uscatering@live.com with you and your fiance's name, email address, best number to reach you at, number of guests at the wedding and the wedding date.

The winner will be selected at random on October 1st!
  • edited December 2011
    Ummm just eww.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards