Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Problems with the Villa

Anybody else had problems with the Villa and their "administrative fees"? 

I have my wedding there in three weeks and got my final contract price, and the subtotal is smaller (but still above minimum), than the previous menu meeting contract, but the administrative fee is more. They say the "forgot" to apply the administrative fee to something in the earlier contract. I think that its unfair as I relied upon that amount previously provided in the menu meeting contract.

We aren't talking a lot of money, maybe 500-800, but that's a lot to me right now, but since I'm spending over 15,000 at their facility I would think they would waive it.

Feeling stressed. I don't want to annoy them so much that they cause a problem on our wedding day, but I think this is extremely deceptive.

Re: Problems with the Villa

• Options
    Know a lawyer? If you do, just email the Villa and say you're going to have a lawyer to review the contract due to their forgetfulness to make sure you aren't being overcharged or lied to.  Generally, that will get them to back off. 

That is super shady all around. 
  • Options
    I'd sit with them and ask them to spell out every line-item to explain exactly what each "Charge" is for and why you need to pay it.  Make them give up the one thing they don't want to - time.  Sit in their office until you understand.

• Options
    What kind of fee did they apply? My wedidng is at The Villa as well, so now I'm really concerned. Bottom line is that you signed a contract, and so did they. They have to honor thier contract the same way you are expected to. Unless the contract specifically says they have the ability to add on lst minute fees, I would fight that cost. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    Do last second fees and charges usually show up in venue contracts after the contract has already been signed?
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies.....Good News...after complaining and indicating that I thought it was a violation of consumer protection laws, the Villa has backed down and waived the additional fee. Now if only 2/19 would get here! :) Good luck to all you ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards