Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: .

• Why the delete OP? No one even got to rrespond to give you advice.
    Anniversary
  • After reading my own post I came up with my own advice --- not acceptable in my opinion!!! Not sure how to delete.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bottle-of-wine-to-bridal-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:03e5c60a-e5b1-4ab8-a3a5-ca011b977aa3Post:6fc45fd8-d4ef-4f46-8bb4-057de1d11004">Re: .</a>:
    [QUOTE]After reading my own post I came up with my own advice --- not acceptable in my opinion!!! Not sure how to delete.
    Posted by jsurmacy[/QUOTE]

I think that's a reasonable decision to reach, sometimes writing out ideas makes them more easy to reason through.

Unfortunately you can't delete posts, so I wouldn't worry about it.  Eventually it'll move to the older posts page and not many people will see it.

And just to throw in a hopefully helpful alternative suggestion, but maybe you could take a winery tour instead of having a stationary party?  That way you can have wine tasting without imposing on the guests for bottles.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• Yeah if the price is right maybe it would be fun to actually have the bridal shower at our local winery .. might be a bit pricy for 100 women to eat lunch and taste wine but we'll see! 

Thanks!!!
  • jsurmacyjsurmacy member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
     I seriously cannot handle how quickly you jump down people's throats. My wedding is very large so obviously my shower is large and no I am not hosting it, by the way. If you would have read above another poster specifically stated that I was not the host. And I did not even remotely ask for an opinion of what you think of the number of guests at my shower.
  • jsurmacyjsurmacy member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    Oh wow. I don't have the time to sit on boards and argue my level of class, I use this site minimally for specific reasons. My wedding and shower will be 100 percent in line with etiquette and decisions will be made at my discretion and the discretion of those hosting for me. Budget is not a factor for my shower as determined by those hosting so I will be inviting around 100 people which is completely reasonable if you knew me and my family. I will not be responding again on this post or entertaining any comments by those I find to be judgmental towards me and others that use this board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards