Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Tact in setting the date

While FI and I have been discussing the wedding for a few months, we just announced our engagement Sunday. We had hoped the wedding would be late March 2012.  Alongside this, my stepmom was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and I found out this morning she will be scheduled for reconstructive surgery around March. Last night I talked to her and we giggled that the only issue she'd have is styling her wig, but this may now mean the timeframe just won't be feasible. It's a small guest list - 9 people - and I would never consider doing it if she couldn't be there.

So my question is just how to proceed in planning. We will go look at venues in October, so I have a few weeks before I need to really think about it seriously. I'd like to just ask her to keep me up-to-date on scheduling, so I don't plan anything if there's even a small chance she couldn't make it or won't be feeling well. At the same time, things change all the time, so even if I push it back that date may end up bad timing for her too, and our only selfish thing here is that we really don't want to push it back too far - in my less-than-perfect world it would be only shortly after she recovers and feels well. My thought right now is just to wait as long as possible to book anything, it's a small simple wedding with less complications of coordinating vendors so this may work out okay. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards