Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge..

People who use tanning beds. I think you are seriously stupid. Laying out on the beach when it is enjoyable and you are on vacation is one thing, going to a tanning salon in the dead of winter is stupid. Flat out.

And don't feed me the whole "oh but I am going to vacation in Mexico and this way I wont get burnt!!1". No dumbass you won't get burnt if you keep applying sun screen and take breaks from frying yourself like bacon. This may be a difficult process to understand though, you might have just watched one too many episodes of Jersey Shore.

I also judge anyone who thinks any of the Teen Moms are doing a great job raising their kids. I heard a girl at lunch the other day who claimed that because they LOVE their kids, they are doing a good job of raising them. No. It doesn't work that way. Love doesn't buy things for the kids, the trashy reality tv show they are on does.

Re: I judge..

• I totally agree with both of those. I am a pale pasty ghost and I am more than happy with it.
  • I agree with both of yours Rosie. I don't lay out anywhere ever. It's never been my thing.

I judge medical professionals who only go into the profession for the money and couldn't give a crap about how their patients are treated.

I know I have more. Must rack brain.
  • FB judge: I judge this woman who posted around Christmas that she was ashamed of her five year old for saying happy holidays instead of merry christmas.

In general judge: People that get pregnant on purpose and have no business getting pregnant, like my cousin who doesn't work and is already on welfare and said she got pregnant again so her two year old could have someone to play with. Or my coworker who got knocked up by a convicted rapist because "he'll be in jail anyway, so the baby will be all mine."
  • I wish I was feeling judgey today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:d5dd3bb7-639d-4d0a-a56c-8b92e8b896b0">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]FB judge: I judge this woman who posted around Christmas that she was ashamed of her five year old for saying happy holidays instead of merry christmas. In general judge: People that get pregnant on purpose and have no business getting pregnant, like my cousin who doesn't work and is already on welfare and said she got pregnant again so her two year old could have someone to play with. <strong>Or my coworker who got knocked up by a convicted rapist because "he'll be in jail anyway, so the baby will be all mine."</strong>
    Posted by whitsy[/QUOTE]

<div>That is seriously the most effed up thing I've heard all day.  WTH?!?</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I judge a lot of people in the AYG thread on SB yesterday.  I just read through it and holy overreactions and semantics and nit picking.  Good Lord.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • I judge the woman at Walmart today, she had two kids and was pregnant with number three. She had WIC and Food Stamps, that she kept in her Louis Vitton bag...maybe it was a hand me down, I don't know but that stuff really annoys me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:0039d543-119e-4456-a509-7bb545a6ea3a">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge the woman at Walmart today, she had two kids and was pregnant with number three. She had WIC and Food Stamps, that she kept in her Louis Vitton bag...maybe it was a hand me down, I don't know but that stuff really annoys me.
    Posted by mari0225[/QUOTE]
    I assume you can definitively tell real from fake from a distance?
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I judge people who get pissed at the phrase Happy Holidays. It's an all encompassing phrase, not a deliberate strike against your savior.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:02bb5df6-d91e-40f6-aad4-7aa6cc41bf0c">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : That is seriously the most effed up thing I've heard all day.  WTH?!?
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

True story. He violated his parole for something, can't remember what, after he violated it she got pregnant, on purpose.
  • Until you've been on welfare and food stamps, I don't feel that you get to judge someone's job.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:ba5451b8-3d65-4f74-b6b7-c11f70ba043e">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : I assume you can definitively tell real from fake from a distance?
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

Yep, and we weren't all that far away from each other she was right in front of me in line. If it was a fake it was a really good one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:7ed6e56c-46f9-4c1c-9072-da1af622a6da">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who get pissed at the phrase Happy Holidays<strong>. It's an all encompassing phrase,</strong> not a deliberate strike against your savior.
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly what I responded with.

And I'm Baptist, so, yeah. It wouldn't disappoint me because of my religion.
  • No way can you tell a real from fake without inspecting it. I mean, yes, you can tell a bad fake right away. But a good one? No. There are tells that you have to really look for. Usually inside the bag.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:27329529-360e-4862-a2ca-defe9a596979">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]No way can you tell a real from fake without inspecting it. I mean, yes, you can tell a bad fake right away. But a good one? No. There are tells that you have to really look for. Usually inside the bag.

Okay then I apologize, maybe it was a nice fake.
  • This is an irrational irritation more than an I judge, but it really pisses me off when people judge EVERYTHING about people because they're on foodstamps.

You don't know that person's story based on their handbag, and you don't know jack shiit about them, so back off them.

Not every person on welfare is milking the system, in fact, most of them are not.

If someone judged me based on ONE THING they saw me do, and assumed to know everything I've done in my life, I would think that'd be a little unfair, don't you? Or are we all perfect...I forget.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I judge the dog owners in my neighborhood who have electric fences and leave their dogs outside all day, everyday without checking on them.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen dogs run through their fence out into the street.  It happened the other day, and the dog ran RIGHT in front of my car.  I got out and knocked on the door to tell the owner, and she totally brushed it off saying "oh he does that all the time".   Then obviously your electric fence is not an appropriate solution, asshat.

Either get an actual fence, or take the time to walk your dog daily for exercise.  If you can't/won't do either, you shouldn't have gotten a dog that requires so much exercise. I hate people who get dogs but don't want to put in the work to actually take care of them.   
  • OMG leashes. I judge them even more when they attempt to make them cute.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:13b0ac27-f014-4864-8107-2566df98a37a">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is an irrational irritation more than an I judge, but it really pisses me off when people judge EVERYTHING about people because they're on foodstamps. You don't know that person's story based on their handbag, and you don't know jack shiit about them, so back off them. Not every person on welfare is milking the system, in fact, most of them are not. If someone judged me based on ONE THING they saw me do, and assumed to know everything I've done in my life, I would think that'd be a little unfair, don't you? Or are we all perfect...I forget.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]
    Thanks
    -signed girl who grew up on food stamps and welfare and my dad worked a full time job.
  • A FB friend of mine got a puppy earlier this year and after having the dog for a few months, she posted that she was giving it away because she couldn't train the dog and she was "sick of the bitch shitting in her house."

Last week she posted that she was hoping to get an English bulldog puppy for Christmas.

So, yeah.  I judge her.
    panther
  • Maybe the bag was a gift.
    ttc chart
  • I was a leash kid. I had ADD and couldn't stay put. And I was fast. Nothing wrong with my parents skills raising. Everything else I can get behind. I judge my coworker for being condescending. She always talks down my way of doing things. I get it, she's 40 and I'm 26, she has more experience. But I have new fresh ideas that also work AND THE KIDS LIKE THEM. I k ow I look 16 but cut it out. Maybe that's a vent, but I feel I get talked down to a lot due to my short 5 ft 2 height and looking like a teenager. I also judge aggressive drivers. No need. Chill the eff out.
  • Maybe that guy's $70,000 was going somewhere else. You can't know everything about peoples' lives.
    ttc chart
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:fdbec743-323e-4239-8ab7-909a1b0f4292">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]Until you've been on welfare and food stamps, I don't feel that you get to judge someone's job.

As in, you don't get to judge someone working FT who is on welfare/food stamps? Because I hardcore judge my coworker who parties regularly, lives at home with her parents (admits its for free), doesn't pay for childcare (because her parents watch her kid), and who regularly shows up to work with her newest bag/accessories from the Coach outlet and her perfectly maintained professionally colored hair, acrylic nails, and pedicures....

I judge people who side-eye parents of children with exceptionalities. They're people too. (Overheard someone at the grocery store yesterday make a remark about why a parent would bring "a child like that" to a public place... referring to a parent with a little girl with down syndrome who was minding her own business, quiet, and smiling.)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:13b0ac27-f014-4864-8107-2566df98a37a">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is an irrational irritation more than an I judge, but it really pisses me off when people judge EVERYTHING about people because they're on foodstamps. <strong>You don't know that person's story based on their handbag, and you don't know jack shiit about them, so back off them.</strong> Not every person on welfare is milking the system, in fact, most of them are not. If someone judged me based on ONE THING they saw me do, and assumed to know everything I've done in my life, I would think that'd be a little unfair, don't you? Or are we all perfect...I forget.

I love you. and I agree.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:13b0ac27-f014-4864-8107-2566df98a37a">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is an irrational irritation more than an I judge, but it really pisses me off when people judge EVERYTHING about people because they're on foodstamps. You don't know that person's story based on their handbag, and you don't know jack shiit about them, so back off them. Not every person on welfare is milking the system, in fact, most of them are not. If someone judged me based on ONE THING they saw me do, and assumed to know everything I've done in my life, I would think that'd be a little unfair, don't you? Or are we all perfect...I forget.

<div>::golf claps::</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

<div>Agreed 100%.  I can't stand it when people assume that everyone on food stamps/medicaid/housing assistance is milking the system.  </div>
  • I judge the shiiit out of all the judging of food stamps. If someone can legitimately get them then what skin is it off your back? It breaks my heart when I get in line behind someone at the grocery store who looks around to see if anyone sees them using their food stamp card. THAT IS WHAT THE PROGRAMS ARE THERE FOR FFS. But yes please let's shame people who probably already feel enough of it already for using a benefit to feed their families. 
  • AATB - that is seriously twisted.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:362cae23-a075-4226-b307-9da3259485a8">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. :  I judge people who side-eye parents of children with exceptionalities. They're people too. (Overheard someone at the grocery store yesterday make a remark about why a parent would bring "a child like that" to a public place... referring to a parent with a little girl with down syndrome who was minding her own business, quiet, and smiling.)
    Posted by KellyBrian2013[/QUOTE]

It would have been so hard for me not to punch that person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards