Wedding Etiquette Forum

I judge..

Re: I judge..

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:356ee3ad-61a1-4066-9b30-af3a664868f4">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]The scammer I know worked the system because most of his income was under the table developing websites.  He was paid a fairly low salary at his taxable job, but he would charge people $2,000-$3,000 dollars to do one website.  That usually took him only about 2 hours to do - he really is a smart kid when it came to computers.
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]
    Ok, you win. You know someone who scans. Anyone elses argument that people really do need the aide is void.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I judge people who don't pay all their taxes, whether it's just getting a bigger refund or doing it to collect welfare, etc.

I make about $2k under the table each year. And I declare every cent on my returns. I find it insulting when people say "isn't it great that you don't have to pay taxes on xx?"

Also, I judge people who write checks at the grocery store. It's 2011. Get a debit card.

I double judge people who don't even begin to fill out the check (store name, date, etc) or look for the checkbook in their purse until after all the items have been rung up.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NO SKITTLES FOR POOR PEOPLE. Poor people only need to have food and some holey clothes to cover their important parts. Anything else? FUUCK IT.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:c0b588be-311e-4b8e-8d4b-84167b973871">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who don't pay all their taxes, whether it's just getting a bigger refund or doing it to collect welfare, etc. I make about $2k under the table each year. And I declare every cent on my returns. I find it insulting when people say "isn't it great that you don't have to pay taxes on xx?" <strong>Also, I judge people who write checks at the grocery store. It's 2011. Get a debit card. I</strong> double judge people who don't even begin to fill out the check (store name, date, etc) or look for the checkbook in their purse until after all the items have been rung up.
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

I hate old people too. They should just die already so I can get my milk and eggs and get home.
  • Oh my God, the check issue again. This one hasn't been around for awhile. My debit card info was stolen a couple weeks ago. Thank God I had a check book with me to pay!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:c0b588be-311e-4b8e-8d4b-84167b973871">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge people who don't pay all their taxes, whether it's just getting a bigger refund or doing it to collect welfare, etc. I make about $2k under the table each year. And I declare every cent on my returns. I find it insulting when people say "isn't it great that you don't have to pay taxes on xx?" <strong>Also, I judge people who write checks at the grocery store. It's 2011. Get a debit card.</strong> I double judge people who don't even begin to fill out the check (store name, date, etc) or look for the checkbook in their purse until after all the items have been rung up.

What?  What's wrong with using checks?  I'll admit that most of the time I use my debit card, but I will write a check occasionally.  What's the problem with that?  It all comes from the same place.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Only poor people use debit cards anyways.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:cc0f06c5-93cf-4a1b-9d09-c23b61576dfc">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : I would argue that if someone on food stamps had a real LV bag that was in good shape that they should sell it. Obviously they need the money more than they need the bag. And the whole argument against that "but it's the one nice item they have for themselves blah blah blah" is baseless. If you're THAT hard up for cash that you have to use other peoples money to buy your groceries then you should be doing everything humanly possible to get yourself out of that situation.
    Posted by ILoveToRobot[/QUOTE]

Because selling the purse would all of the difference in the world, of course.  Oh wait not it doesn't.  If you're THAT hard up, selling your purse is not going to get you back on your feet.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:ff456d9d-6c74-4f51-aff5-05ff4ef0b217">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : I like giving presents.  I really do.  I don't like feeling like what I gave wasn't significant because FI's SIL decided to post pictures of what her friends gave her kids for Christmas.  I don't have $100 or more to drop on each kid.  I was truly upset after seeing the pictures of what they got her kids on FB (mostly because the gifts I give would never warrant it's own picture, I'm sure).  There was no reason for that, or the following status telling everyone that she needed to clear out her kids rooms for all the presents Santa was bringing them because their kids are "so spoiled."  **This is the same family I'm referring to in my OP.  (The Medicaid one.)
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]
    You were UPSET at seeing a kid happy on Christmas with their loot? Really? God, why don't we just kill all joy in the world?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:2b1f158b-8407-4de7-bd64-4a7e57f3f35b">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : I hate old people too. They should just die already so I can get my milk and eggs and get home.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

It's not just old people here! That's the worst part!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Poor people should really just wear fig leaves. But then they'd be judged for being naked.

Everything they have, they should sell. That 25 bucks they'll get on ebay for the real or fake LV is sure gonna get them out of the hole, that's for sure.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I don't mind check writing. FFS. It takes an extra minute.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:ff718269-120a-4895-b52f-10b1f613f4b3">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : What?  What's wrong with using checks?  I'll admit that most of the time I use my debit card, but I will write a check occasionally.  What's the problem with that?  It all comes from the same place.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    You're holding her up. She has VERY important places to be and the extra 45 seconds really cramps her style.
  • Serendipty11Serendipty11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I judge all the talk of themes. Does ones wedding really need a Barn yard meets Bordello with a splash of Steampunk theme? What does any of that have to do with anything? The way some of these posters work themselves up over things that don't matter and no one will notice is kind of comical. Show up clothed, feed your guests, have a good time and ta da- mission accomplished. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I write checks at the grocery store :) That's the only place I do it, though.  It's the account Ben and I share and we still don't have a debit card for it.  Grandma, party of me!
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:50192111-b678-4bb2-a8cc-13b90cea219f">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : You're holding her up. She has VERY important places to be and the extra 45 seconds really cramps her style.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

MY BAD.

My debit card expired and for some stupid reason, my SS number wasn't on file so I couldn't activate it over the phone.  I had to use my checkbook.  I should have known better than to get groceries that day.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:32c34fcb-7b4b-44e9-9656-0027a1338bf1">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : Thanks -signed girl who grew up on food stamps and welfare and my dad worked a full time job.

I agree with this. My mom had a full-time job and still needed help because she had 2 kids and not enough money. The nicer things we had were gifts. I do, though, tend to judge people who say they have no money then admit to buying something expensive.

The getting pregnant by the rapist thing skeeves me out. Surely she could have found a better baby daddy, no?

As for leashes, I don't mind them. I don't think a parent is a bad parent or whatever because of them. Kids are kids, and do stupid kid things, so if they need that extra safety line, then so be it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:bd06ffa0-e5f7-49da-99b5-e79ff674d8d8">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : It's not just old people here! That's the worst part!

Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have bought groceries last week when I got up to the register and realized I left my debit card in the card. Writing a check holds people up too much, I should have just walked off.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:16de03fb-660a-4724-8a04-1a57ae5b9c96">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : MY BAD. My debit card expired and for some stupid reason, my SS number wasn't on file so I couldn't activate it over the phone.  I had to use my checkbook.  I should have known better than to get groceries that day.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    You're such an inconsiderate wench.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:0fd8dd1a-07a7-4106-a03e-eddf3ccc49b5">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge all the talk of themes. Does ones wedding really need a Barn yard meets Bordello with a splash of Steampunk theme? What does any of that have to do with anything? The way some of these posters work themselves up over things that don't matter and no one will notice is kind of comical. Show up clothed, feed your guests, have a good time and ta da- mission accomplished. 
    Posted by Serendipty11[/QUOTE]

But you don't understand - I'm a special snowflake and I need to be <em>unique</em>, otherwise, how will I stop my sister/best friend/MOH/brother's FI/sister's cousin-in-law-twice-removed from <em>copying</em> me?!?  ::stamps foot::
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:ff456d9d-6c74-4f51-aff5-05ff4ef0b217">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : I like giving presents.  I really do.  I don't like feeling like what I gave wasn't significant because FI's SIL decided to post pictures of what her friends gave her kids for Christmas.  I don't have $100 or more to drop on each kid.
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

<div>Yaga, I don't know how old the gift recipient is, but your use of the word "kid" makes me think younger than a teenager. In which case the kid probably isn't going to judge your gift because it was inexpensive. A cool toy is probably also going to win out in the popularity stakes over a sweater for most under-10s, but that has nothing to do with cost.</div><div>
    </div><div>Your SIL was rude, but it's no reason to develop a complex over gift-giving.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:76d190e2-ea0d-4317-a333-1b9b1f091585">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I pay for groceries with diamonds.  Currency is for chumps.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH. REPORTED.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:2b1f158b-8407-4de7-bd64-4a7e57f3f35b">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : I hate old people too. They should just die already so I can get my milk and eggs and get home.

<div>I love you so much right now :).</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:b1a83db3-3c2e-4bd5-9be3-2bfc5fb13af2">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : Because selling the purse would all of the difference in the world, of course.  Oh wait not it doesn't.  If you're THAT hard up, selling your purse is not going to get you back on your feet.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Of course it won't get you back on your feet but it'll buy some groceries or some clothes for the kids or pay the electric bill. Some people need the money that are using the system but they should be doing everything humanly possible to try and not use it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:6f4cfa30-7f53-4976-8df2-7f9cb8324d17">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : Did you leave a part of this out? Because if you didn't, you sound like you are judging her for not really doing anything.. well wrong.
    Yes, I did... she is on welfare/state aid, gets food stamps, and (purposely, which she admitted at work) failed for several months to report that she was working at all, let alone FT to the state because she "likes getting their free money".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:0cf99a22-3d99-4a93-9906-7831f0475254">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : I agree with this. My mom had a full-time job and still needed help because she had 2 kids and not enough money. The nicer things we had were gifts. I do, though, tend to judge people who say they have no money then admit to buying something expensive. <strong>The getting pregnant by the rapist thing skeeves me out. Surely she could have found a better baby daddy, no</strong>? As for leashes, I don't mind them. I don't think a parent is a bad parent or whatever because of them. Kids are kids, and do stupid kid things, so if they need that extra safety line, then so be it.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm not sure how hard she tried, but I think it was more, this guy was willing, he knew his mom wanted a grandbaby, so, they made a baby. Logical, yes?
  • You clearly don't understand the system then. Them selling a purse isn't going to get them off aide. As I said, you can only make $xxx to qualify for aide. But that $xxx isn't enough to LIVE on. You can't pay your bills and buy food with that measly amount. The $100 profit notwithstanding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:78139d3a-3ee6-4ef4-8572-2a1d51a6972a">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : Of course it won't get you back on your feet but it'll buy some groceries or some clothes for the kids or pay the electric bill. Some people need the money that are using the system but they should be doing everything humanly possible to try and not use it.
    Posted by ILoveToRobot[/QUOTE]

But that's what it's there for.  To be used.  Abused, no.  Used, yes.  Having a purse is not abusing the system.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:924fc907-8581-4056-9298-86b9fb1e0fa1">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I judge.. : You're such an inconsiderate wench.

*hangs head in shame*

I hear you, DJ.  In that vein, I judge one of my sister's friends who constantly puts up things on FB like "Who wants to babysit my kids tonight?  I pay in cookies!"  and then two hours later "I guess I know who my REAL friends are!  Don't ask me to do any favors for you someday!"

Holyshit.  They're YOUR kids.  Not wanting to sit for them for free, last minute, =/= not being a friend.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_judge-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:091f5f26-5755-4751-b8e6-8678f0f634d2Post:a3b15c60-79ac-4a9d-a3a5-a9419efcabf0">Re: I judge..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I write checks at the grocery store :) That's the only place I do it, though.  It's the account Ben and I share and we still don't have a debit card for it.  Grandma, party of me!
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>Psssh, more of your poor etiquette from North Dakota.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards