Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who rides in the limo or car?

Hello,I would like to know who rides in the car with the bride and groom on their way to the ceremony? Should the groom's parents ride in his car or should parents have a separate car? Very unsure
Qiana Reed

Re: Who rides in the limo or car?

• Options
    Whoever you want to ride in the car. 

What are the logistics of the venue/reception/availability of other transportation/size of limo?
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_who-rides-in-the-limo-or-car?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0994525b-d57b-4852-9f25-1fb7fe5ebdd8Post:c4fd9bfd-41f4-4741-81bc-0827cd2144ef">Re: Who rides in the limo or car?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it matters. Have whoever you want in the vehicle. We didn't have a rented car. People drove themselves to and from the ceremony site.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

This.  You are way overthinking details that don't matter.

• Options
    Whatever works best logistically.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Its a destination wedding and i wasnt sure not overthinking it but i would hate for his mom to ride in a car with a bunch of men. I kind of figured the parents eould ride seperately.
    Qiana Reed
  • Options
    For what it's worth, in our limo was: bride, groom, moh, bm, and my mom.  Dh's parents drove separately.  You can do whatever you want though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_who-rides-in-the-limo-or-car?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0994525b-d57b-4852-9f25-1fb7fe5ebdd8Post:0e64dee6-59ee-45dc-84ab-6906246bc7aa">Re:Who rides in the limo or car?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its a destination wedding and i wasnt sure not overthinking it but i would hate for his mom to ride in a car with a bunch of men. I kind of figured the parents eould ride seperately.
    Posted by qianar[/QUOTE]

But maybe his Mom would like to ride to the ceremony with her son since, you know, he is getting married and all.

• Options
    Riding to the ceremony was me, my dad, and all my bridesmaids. 
  • Options
    Yes this is true I think I'm just gonna let her ride with her son he is only child and that can be their moment.
    Qiana Reed
  • Options
    At my sister's wedding my dad and sister drove in a rented Bentley, the bridesmaids and my mom rode in a limo. the guys met at the venue and the limo picked them up there and we drove to the church together. my sister's in laws drove themselves.

At my wedding I think I will just rent a car with my dad and everyone else will meet there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The people in the limo to the ceremony were me, my husband, and our wedding party (we were coming from doing pictures). We had a shuttle for all of the out of town guests and our immediate families used that to get there from the hotel.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes that's what I'm gonna do cuz I only wanted to get 2 cars. Since a DW I'm providing shuttles for everyone else to get to and from
    Qiana Reed
  • Options
    To the ceremony it will be me, my dad and the BMs. Groom and his parents will drive together in their car, and the rest of the GM will carpool and meet at the church. The bridal party (and our photographer) will be in the limo after the ceremony so we can get pics along the way. Parents will drive seperately.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards