Wedding Etiquette Forum

how to not invite kids????

Okay...so I know this is a heated debate as to whether or not kids should be invited to weddings, but I'm helping my friend plan her wedding that is next year and she absolutely does not want children at her wedding period. She is not a horrible person and doesn't mind children she just wants the day to be as stress free as humanly possible and would like the reception to be adult only. How should she say "no kids" please???? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! The only thing I can think of is just addresses the invitations specifically to the adults, but will everyone understand that?

Re: how to not invite kids????

• Due to the size of our wedding and the pricing for the menu, we do not have the space for children at our off site reception. To attempt to please guests with children, we are offering a Children's reception at the church with a "kid-friendly" menu and games. We hired two daycare providers and they will be available for 3 hours of childcare. On the invites, we worded it "Childcare complimentary of the bride and groom". We will have the same staff for childcare during the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards