Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How much are your room blocks?

And where did you get them @?I got my room blocks at the Wyndham Hotel for $109.00. It's the best I could find for a good hotel around here. I think it's pretty reasonable, but I'm not really sure. What did you ladies get? They also have a shuttle to and from my wedding venue that I'm thinking about getting. It would have been free if I booked 20 rooms, but that's not happening.

Re: How much are your room blocks?

• Options
    This depends on your area.  Ours were $130, but it's because it's Long Island and near an airport.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Doesn't sound bad for NJ, but I'm not sure. It also depends on your guests...what can they afford? If this is going to be too much for them, recommend a few budget places nearby also.
  • Options
    That doesn't sound too bad.  The rooms we block are for $104 by the Philly airport.  When you send out your invites, include some other hotels that are cheaper in price so that your guests have an option.
  • Options
    I unknowingly chose a big weekend for some little league tourney (it wasn't on the city calendar because it's in a suburb - duh, Brooke!), so mine are a little pricey. You can almost always get a better deal on orbitz or whatever, no matter what your block price is. I would recommend going with Hilton hotels. They don't have a percentage-to-book requirement, but you could possibly get out of it. I was able to negotiate with my wedding hotel (they wanted 85% booked or I paid the difference) by telling them the Hilton across the street didn't have the reuirement. In exchange, they moved the book-by date out two weeks.I'm babbling...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Wow....ours were free.... at 3 different hotels. Marriot and Hampton Inn were two of them. The guests just had to reserve the room at least a few weeks before the wedding.
  • Options
    We didn't have to pay anything. I thought that was normal - maybe because we had the reception there?
  • Options
    Our rooms are $89 at the Crowne Plaza in Northern VA.
  • Options
    Wow....ours were free.... at 3 different hotels.NF - really? Your guests got free rooms? Really?
  • Options
    Your rooms were free?  That's crazy!  Mine are $79.
  • Options
    bel138bel138 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Wait, neither you nor your guests paid anything for hotel rooms? I mean, I guess if your wedding was one of those platinum weddings and you spent enough, maybe you get complimentary room? These girls are talking about the cost of the rooms for their guests to stay. They didn't pay anything to set them aside.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The question wasnt "how much was the hotel room?" It was "how much are your room block?" Which I took as How much to HOLD a BLOCK of rooms. Not how much did the room itself cost. Smart @$$.
  • Options
    no need to get so defensive. Holy crap. I think if you read the post, it's pretty clear that the best she could find was 109/room.
  • Options
    This is probably a question better suited for your local board. It's going to be completely different for each area of the country, and depend on the time of year, city events, etc. Ours were like $75. But it's the middle of nowhere basically. So...yeah. Not at all helpful or comparative.
  • Options
    NF, I didn't mean to be a smart a$$ if you were talking about me.  I was just amazed!  Sorry to have offended you.
  • Options
    At first I was confused to I though you all were talking about how much it cost to just block the rooms.
  • Options
    so everyone is clear...WE payed nothing to reserve a block of hotel rooms at the hiltonGUESTS will pay 99.00/room when they book one.  they get their choice of any rooms except suites which will be 199.00 if they would like those.
  • Options
    We got two blocks: the one at the hotel where the ceremony and reception will be held is $199 a room and we also got a block at the hotel next door for $109 a room (which is really good for Marina del Rey).  I assume immediate family, well-off relatives, and WP will stay at the venue hotel and OOT guests on a budget will stay next door.  FI and I get a free room at the venue hotel :)  We didn't have to pay or guarantee anything to set up the blocks.
  • Options
    mkkingmkking member
    First Comment
    Wow, I can't believe you're paying for room blocks. In our area it is completely FREE.
  • Options
    That's not bad. At the Holiday Inn I work for, it's usually $85 for a one king or two queen, regular room rate for those rooms are $95 and $105, respectively.Since I work for the hotel, my OOT guests (if we even have any) will get the rooms for $65.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Sorry for the confusion! I meant how much of a discount will your guest get? That is a good idea to also get a lesser priced hotel so that people have options.
  • Options
    I did not pay to block any rooms, that's insane..
  • Options
    I have two room blocks.Springhill Suites Marriot -- $89/room, originally $99 for that weekendWyndam -- $69/room, originally $109 for that weekend
  • Options
    Sorry for the confusion! I meant how much of a discount will your guest get? That is a good idea to also get a lesser priced hotel so that people have options.As far as a discount, I know the rooms at our venue are marked down from $269 to $199.  But we are also giving them all the money for our wedding ceremony and reception so that may make them more generous.  Not sure about the rooms at the other hotel.
  • Options
    Whoa navy, those are fabulous prices! I haven't done any of the hotel business but my cousin's wedding had rooms blocked at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Columbus for $99
  • Options
    Yea, I was very happy with the prices I got for guests.If anyone is looking into room blocks, I used this website and it helped a lot!  It's free to use.http://groups.hotel-guides.us/Group/Post.cfmYou enter in the information about your group and then hotels in your areas bid to get you to use them. 
  • Options
    B2B noooo! not you. ;) No need to apologize.
  • Options
    P2: sometimes people dont read the full post. They answer the question at hand. Which is pretty obvious seeing as how a few people after me thought the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards