New York-New York City

Old House/Mansion in New York as wedding venue?

I am trying to find an old house or mansion in New York as a wedding venue in which people eat in different rooms. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: Old House/Mansion in New York as wedding venue?

• edited December 2011
    Not sure about the different rooms thing, but check Wave Hill, or some of the Hudson Valley mansions:http://www.hudsonvalley.org/index.php
  • Maureen LMaureen L member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Otto Kahn/James Burden mansions in nyc are amazing! I went to high school there (Sacred Heart) but they welcome provate events in their ball room.
    Photobucket
    Maureen & Jonathan - 10.09.10
    image 261 Invited so far! image 124 Are ready to party!
    image 108 Will be missing out image 29 Are MIA image
  • smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you mean NYC?  The Pratt Mansion is on 85th Street by the Museum.  Its lovely and there are few more of the brownstone mansions that are great.
  • edited December 2011
    Wainwright House in Rye.  It is a chateau...but there is a tent in the back yard.
  • J+WJ+W
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!So you actually want your guests to eat in seperate rooms? I have a couple because that's what I'm looking into. Otto Khan/Burden no longer allow weddings for non alumni. You basically need to know someone close to you who was a alumni because they are the one that has to sign the rental contract and the rental fee check has to be in their name. =(FYI most of the house/mansions have rental fees that range from 5K to 10K. Let me know if you want a list. =)
  • edited December 2011
    Yes!  Please post the list of houses/mansions!  That would be wonderful!  Yes, the guests would eat in different rooms.  I'm more interested in the ones that are closer to the 5K range than the 10 K.  Thanks!
  • J+WJ+W
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Park Avenue Armory (It IS a armory (which the drill hall is actually the space we wanted but too $$$$) the reception rooms all fit under 100 but there are alot of them. Google Park Avenue Armory and check out the "reception" rooms which are actually each company's room. The pricing for the rooms are unique so if interested let me know your email and I can forward you the packet they sent me. Chelsea Mansions Rental Fee for the whole mansion is 5K. Negotiate! =) Douglaston Manor ~110pp Harold Pratt House ranges from 5K to 8500 depending on your party. I think being that you like that they will eat in seperate room this is a great one too look at! Pratt Mansions not sure about pricing for this one NYIT de Seversky Center still waiting on pricing info from this one Milleridge Inn they have smaller rooms and also bigger rooms. And also The Cottage which can be rented seperately. This is more of banquet pricing w/o rental fees. The website is horrible, try to google for images Montauk Club Also check out Lessing's site, they have a bunch of mansions that they are exclusive caterers to I'm limiting myself to under a hr, in and around NYC. But if you're willing to extend out there are TONS more. A couple that I really liked but was just too far for us. Have you found any that I haven't listed?Good Luck!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for the list!  Do you know of any in New Jersey or on Staten Island? Thanks!
  • PrissyPPrissyP member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your guestlist like?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    You could also check out the Museum of the City of New York . . .
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the India House (aka Bayard's restaurant) which is an old mansion in the financial district. There are a lot of different room options and there's no separate venue fee. Just the pp charge which is very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    India House looked nice, but it is too far from my fiance's family in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards