New York-New York City
Options

Last Minute Florist

Hi Girls- I am getting married in the West Village on Fri., 10/2 (yikes, just over a month!) and something hilarious has happened. A competing family from back home (yes, obviously a small town) also has a girl my age getting married. Whereas mine is small and intimate in a loft downtown, hers is five course dinner with ice sculptures etc in St. Louise. This has apparently spurred some sort of competitive spirit in my Dad and he wants more! more! more! SO, I had not planned on doing any flowers. They weren't a priority to me, but now (amongst other things) he would like them. Do you have any recs? It's not going to be any elaborate centerpieces or anything, maybe a few accent displays here and there, and the bouquests for me and my girls. Also, we're having an iPod wedding-has anyone ever done this? Regardless, do you think we need any special lighting? (The flashing green/red lights that DJs set up comes to mind.) And if you think yes then do you know where I could rent it? Thanks SO MUCh in advance! Crunch time baby!

Re: Last Minute Florist

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have no qualms going into Brooklyn, www.marineflorists.com - good prices and obviously, they will deliver.www.flowersbyrichardnyc.com is also a good florist and right in the city.  www.designsbyroseinc.com - in Queens but great artist and also very, very good prices.  Will work within your budget (same with Richard as well).As far as using a DJ - my friend just did this for her wedding.  Their BM and a bridesmaid took turns making sure nothing went wrong with the song list and the bride/groom cooridinated with them as to when to stop the music (after what song, etc.) in order to do the various announcements (toasts, cake cutting, etc.).For the ceremony part, try www.gigmasters.com or looking for someone on Craigslist - which will be super cheap (definitely ask for references though for CL).  GL.
  • Options
    smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Designs By Rose!! She does beautiful creations and works with every bride.  Gets booked quickly so may not be available and she does not overbook. Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've actually heard Whole Foods get great reviews for their flowers, maybe try giving them a shot.
    Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards