New York-New York City

NWR: restaurant recommendations

My family is coming to the city this weekend and I'm trying to come up with a place to take them for dinner sat night.They're from here, but moved away 10 years ago so I don't want to do anything touristy, but I also feel like trying something new/different. Been any place good lately? TIA!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos

Re: NWR: restaurant recommendations

• uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to Piccolo Angolo (Jane & Hudson) with my family last week (including my grandfather and 4 year old niece) and everybody RAVED.  Not at all trendy or touristy or fancy-- just a very good, small, reasonable, family-run Italian restaurant.  The staff was unbelievably nice, I have never seen anything like it.  They were so incredibly accomodating of my fussy niece, a few different staff members stopped and had conversations with us about the food and travel to Italy and the wine (and this was on a busy night with Ashley Olsen at the next table).    Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it was a really nice dining experience, and great for our older crowd.
  • edited December 2011
    I love Tia Pol and if you have at least 6 people you can make reservations.  It's amazing tapas and very reasonably priced for NYC. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards