New York-New York City

Ceremony & Cocktail hour music for Staten Island

Hey ladies :)I'm starting the process of looking for musicians for my ceremony & cocktail hour music.  Possibly a trio, or quartet...any recommendations would be great :)  Oh, and it would be awesome if they didnt break the bank!!
Married 10/10/10 Baby due 10/03/11 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker My Bio/Blog...updated 9/01

Re: Ceremony & Cocktail hour music for Staten Island

• smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Many people contact Julliard School of Music.  I also recommend Manhattan School of Music.  Either one would have students that could do this and either one would be exceptional and I would think pricing would be much less than the "professional".   Give it a try!
  • joebeth22joebeth22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  I was walking out of the lobby of the United Nations one day last Winter when I had to stop and retrace my steps because I heard the most beautiful, heartstopping live music playing at an opening of one of their photo-art exhibits.  I took his card... and though I may not have live music, I would highly recommend Simon Kafka (can't beat the name!), who is young and headed a trio of young musicians - bet he wouldn't break the bank either.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ... and I stupidly FORGOT to give you his contact info (so much on my mind today too):  917 804-9963 e-Mail  simonkafka@gmail.com
  • lizzonyclizzonyc member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you JoeBeth!!  I just emailed him, so I'll keep you updated :)
    Married 10/10/10 Baby due 10/03/11 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker My Bio/Blog...updated 9/01
  • lizzonyclizzonyc member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    JoeBeth - He just emailed me and he charges $500 per musician for two hours.  So even if I want only two, thats 1K for two hours...which is way over budget for me...I'm going to look into Juliard...thanks girls :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yikes! that's a bundle for sure.   good luck for julliard lizzonyc and all the rest.  this sure is a huge undertaking!
  • edited December 2011
    Checkout east end entertainment, long island based and they do travel into the city. they strings are reasonable good luck :) E
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards