April 2012 Weddings

Fitting!

I had my first fitting this morning! The boutique where I bought my dress would have charged way too much, so I found someone off the local boards.  When I got my dress in November, I had it sent to my house from the boutique because it was out of state so I didn't have to pay sales tax.  So when I got it, I tried it on alone and didn't zipper it all the way and felt kind of blah.  But when i put the dress on today for the seamstress, it fit so well, just a few things to be done, but it got me soo excited!! Ahh, i go back in two weeks for my second fitting. 

Re: Fitting!

• Love that feeling! I also found someone off of my local board. It's amazing how much you can save if you shop around! 

Glad it all worked out for you! I go for my next fitting a week from today, and then will only have one more after that!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • YAY I did mine on the 19th and it was sooooo much fun and a great feeling. I cant wait to go back for fitting #2 and have the dress be the perfect fit!!! So happy for you.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Mine is the first weekend in March...so EEK - next weekend!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also had my first one yesterday (for the other Boston-April knotties I'm using Fay Carraher), and it was awesome! I'll post some pics below. My dress fits pretty well already, so we are just altering the necklace a smidge, hemming it about 1/2-1 inch (I'm 5'10") and then for the bustle we are actually doing a side sling bustle which works really well with my asymmetric look.

And, to totally go along with the fact that I'm always ahead of schedule, my second and final fitting is next week! It was the only time that worked (she asked me if I could do the week before the wedding for the second fitting--cutting it too close in my opinion!!) Pics below--sorry they aren't that great, they are from my phone!

We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • So happy your fitting went well! I had my first fitting on Friday and once we took care of some minor issues in the bust, the dress was still too tight, giving me back fat. I never thought I'd ever use that word...but it's true. I almost cried. The seamstress is going to let the dress out 1 in to fit better, but still! I should fit the damn thing. Now I'm being extremely strict with my diet (not in an unhealthy way). Absolutely no cheating. I better loose some more!
  • DD had her first fitting this week.  It went as expected: although her diet resulted in a 10lb weight loss, it was still not enough to have the dress fit properly.  :(  The seamstress said that it could be let out enough to be able to keep the zipper, but the beading might be messed up/not match up correctly....so they opted to just do a corset back. 
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I USE FAYE TOO!!!

She's fabulous, especially with bustles. Your dress looks great - I'm gonna look for it at my next fitting :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards