Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I had a day from hell

Thinks it's ok to drink the whole bottle of wine?

Re: I had a day from hell

• Options
    Of course
  • Options
    I think that is ok on any given day.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mmmhmmm. Want to share?
  • Options
    Sure!Do you have any of those humongous wine glasses from Crate & Barrel.  One bottle is less than two glasses so you can always say you just had two.
  • Options
    fuuck yeah.  what's going on, chiquita?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    oot - my mom uses that logic, too.  Love it!

• Options
    I'm afraid that that'd be a lot of alcohol for me..I can handle at least 7 shots so I guess it'd be ok...My day; Ran late in the morning, on the way to work I ran over a tire (with wheel and everything on it) and ran up onto the curb into oncoming traffic but yet somehow managed to not get hit...got to work and my boss was in a mood and I had to deal with mexico customs for a patient all day because my boss is too much of a biitch to deal with it even though it was really her thing. Had to figure out how to get my emissions test and go to the DMV today to find out it wasn't possible then on my way to the emissions test my check engine light came on which means automatic fail, drove home in 108 degree weather with no AC after sitting at the emissions place for 30 minutes...I'm going to go pour another glass. Tell me about your day...
  • Options
    I have some huge wine glasses from Anthropologie...I'll switch over to those. Sorry if my typing is effed..I've already downed some of the bottle..
  • Options
    Just so you don't drink alone, the only right thing to do is join you. 
  • Options
    Oh no...glad you didn't have an accident!  Yes...you really need a bottle.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had to be at work at 7, which means I was up @ 5:30 and out the door at 6:30, make breakfast for the entire daycare center (it was cereal, so don't feel too sorry for me), go the class from 12-2, then went back to work from 2-6. Now I'm procrastinating on my first homework assignment of the year. I think your day wins.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm very glad I somehow missed getting into a serious accident. I'd love if anyone wants to join me in drinking...drinking alone just seems boring..
  • Options
    Ooh I'm very glad I didn't have to be up that early. If I would've gotten my act together and picked out an outfit ahead of time like I prefer to I wouldn't have hit that damn tire.
  • Options
    Well, I have 23 minutes left of my birthday so I'm going to join you and have a glass or two.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention I'm glad you didn't get hurt...maybe hitting the tire and your check engine light coming on are connected? Where do you live that emissions tests are mandatory? I know they are here in Missouri, but so far I've gotten around it by keeping my IL driver's license and car insurance in IL...
  • Options
    Happy Birthday!!!It is currently storming which I am so thrilled about...we need rain im tired of the hot, hot, hot, dry, dry, dry.
  • Options
    My check engine light comes in intermittently. I've been told that theres something wrong with the sensor so it just comes on for no reason. It will come on for a couple weeks then be off for a week than come on again..very annoying. I'm currently in Arizona which makes you get emissions done at their state run facilities unlike Alaska where you could have them done at any auto place. I am currently hating Arizona and I would love to keep my Alaska plates but they require emissions too.
  • Options
    Thank you nda!And you can send some of that hot and dry up our way.  It's been about 16 degrees (61F) here for the past few days.  We only had about 3 weeks of good summer weather this year.  It sucked!
  • Options
    From: sucrets4 Date: 8/31/2009 at 10:24 PM oot - my mom uses that logic, too. Love it!behave yourself sucrets!  I do know enough about you to find your mom and tell her that you think that we're winos!
  • Options
    You can have all the heat you want. I'm so past ready for fall and I told my mom today I'd pay for rain but looks like I won't have to as it's raining now..I just hope it keeps up...
  • Options
    If there's something wrong with being a wino, I don't want to be right...
  • Options
    Haha seriously. Who doesn't love being a wino?
  • Options
    I intend to start drinking now- at 2pm- given that I'm home on a 'mental health day' to deal with the crap coming from the bridal store's lawyers (although, they've been strangely quiet...). So yes, the answer is yes.
  • Options
    I'm sure you've already starting finishing the bottle off (hopefully!!) but I'm going to throw in another YES!
  • Options
    oot - go right ahead, my mom openly admits to it!  She freaked me out this weekend when she texted me and said she was eating wings and drinking beer.  After I wrote "who are you and what have you done with my mom??" she told me that she switched to g&ts.  Much more her style.lynds - B and I are such enablers for getting you that electric wine opener. ;)

• Options
    I'm actually only 3/4 of the way through because I took a break to down half a pint of icecream...TheSun- whats the latest with dress? Did you post something that I missed?
  • Options
    I posted last night about the fact that my attempt to negotiate a better price given her failure to provide the dress within the agreed upon time frame didn't quite work out as planned- instead of responding to my request, she got a lawyer involved, who then sent me an 'offer' of paying for the dress (which has apparently just arrived), apologising to her for suggesting she mislead me (i don't think so! I have evidence she has mislead me) and signing a confidentiality contract. When I declined that offer, they then made the lovely offer of paying for the dress, plus paying $2000+ in legal fees. Clearly, I didn't agree to that either. I made a counter offer, and gave a deadline of response for midday today- it's past that now, and no reply. I don't know if her money for the lawyer has just run dry, or if they've just decided negotiation is over. I sent the offer to her as well, and suggested that we negotiate without her lawyer to save her money- so I'll see if I get a response that way. I have a strong case and I will not be intimadated. If she doesn't deliver the gown and doesn't give me back my deposit, I will be meeting her in small claims court.
  • Options
    I am going to join the wine as I also had day from hell!! Woke up with my eye swollen shut - it has yet to go down... I woke up an hour late for work... I somehow managed to hit myself in the face and gave myself a fat lip... Get to work and we are 4 people short and running an hour behind all day... I ended up not getting off work until almost 8pm even though I went in at 7:30am... and I skipped the gym... Bleh... I am never going to buy a wedding dress...
  • Options
    TheSun- Don't settle for her bullshiit...she needs to accomodate you. Your dress "woes" have been ridiculous...Rickson- Your day sounds sucky too..I hope you're also drowning it in wine (it helps!) is your eye better now? Also, has that always been your name? I recognize your picture but not your name...
  • Options
    therickson, how did you manage to give yourself both a black eye and a busted lip?! I walked into a door on the weekend (just after the hen's party, actually) and have the biggest bruise on my knee- so very nasty. I also have a slightly swollen eye which will no doubt bruise soon. Hope it fades in time for the wedding! haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards