New York-New York City

the age old question - Wedding Band Recommendations?

I just had a pretty off-putting exchange with my contact at Hank Lane so I'm thinking of starting from scratch with my band search.  I know this question has been asked many times, but I haven't found any recent band recommendations on here so, please:Can you recommend some bands under or around $7,000?  My wedding is June 19 so I'm getting anxious to find someone soon!Many, many thanks!K

Re: the age old question - Wedding Band Recommendations?

• edited December 2011
    We went with Jerry Kravat - Tribeca Rhythm for cocktails (just 1 keyboardist) and reception (8 members).  AMAZING.  I think you have the right price range in mind.
  • tucci013tucci013 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I read your headline I was going to recommend Hank Lane (Soho Rhythm) but then I read on.  So sorry to hear about your bad experience.  If it's any consolation, Soho Rhythm was a HUGE hit at my wedding.
    August 2012's May Siggy challenge: Favorite TV mom:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • kriserinkriserin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I would suggest Vali Music.  Check out their website and give a call to double check the prices.  I am having them for my Dec wedding and my sister had them 4 years ago and they were great!
  • susjon08susjon08 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used 747 Orchestra for our November 08 wedding and could not have been happier!  They were our favorite vendor. The song selections, energy and the way the musicians interacted with our guests made our wedding even more special.  They are a delight to work with and have an amazing rep and easy to see why!
  • edited December 2011
    - Craig Scott Orchestra- Vali Music- The Cafe Wha? Band- Jerry Kravat
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Soul Revival and they have been awesome to work with! I highly recommend them and the are reasonably priced. Their website is: www.soulrevivalband.com HTH!! Lucy
  • edited December 2011
    MY BAND- STARLIGHT ORCHESTRAS WERE AMAZING! THEY WERE WAY OVER 7K BUT I HAD A 14 PERSON BAND. MAYBE THEY CAN WORK WITHIN YOUR BUDGET FOR A SMALL BAND? http://www.starlightorchestras.com/
  • edited December 2011
    BUD MALTIN!!!  THey are amazing!  and in your budget too! :)
  • p1nklemonadep1nklemonade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're going with jerry kravat. we've booked tribeca rhythm for ceremony (trumpet) cockatil hour (keyboard) and reception (8 piece band.) so far all of our dealings with them have been great, and we've been to two weddings they have performed at. we're looking forward to them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sweetie323sweetie323 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chris Michaels Band from Faze4- AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm booking the Cafe Wha Band (6/6/10 wedding).  They sound incredible and are nothing like a cheesy wedding band.  You can watch them play live all the time down at Cafe Wha on MacDougal!My contact with them is a little MIA, which is annoying. But the band is so worth it!
    ~ Daryl Now I'm a real NJ housewife...
  • edited December 2011
    Wow - THANK YOU for all of the wonderful suggestions.  Right now the following are available on my date:- Tribeca Rhythm- 747 Orchestra- NYC Swing- Soul Revival- True Blue, Christopher Michaels, Soul Play, All Fired Up and Metropolis (from Faze 4)-Skyline Drive Orchestra (recommended by my DOC)- Artie Stuart Band from Hank LaneI guess I have a lot to choose from after all!Any tips on how to decide?!  I'm overwhelmed.  Thanks, again.
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone know a non-cheesy band for more like $5,000 or less?  Is that possible? Thanks!  
  • edited December 2011
    Soul Revival quoted me $5600 to start...
  • edited December 2011
    I had issues with whomever I spoke with at Hank Lane as well. We found The New York Edge. They kept everyone on their feet all night!
  • edited December 2011
    The band was one of my more stressful choices also...it's so overwhelming!  After a lot of research, we ended up going with the LaBlanc Brothers Band (they are out of westchester) for our 10/1/10 wedding.  So far, they have been really responsive, great to deal with and they negotiated with us on price which is always a plus.  Check out their website...www.lablancbrothersband.comAlso, somewhere already mentioned the Cafe Wha band, they are amazing!
  • edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation for Bud Maltin!  They were fantastic, everyone was dancing, a pleasure to deal with, and not at all pushy.  I think if you had 7 or 8 members in the band, you could keep it within your budget.
  • edited December 2011
    Consider East End Entertainment they are Millennium, band and East End DJ's. There is no middle man deal direct with the owners, you can probably get both for 6500 they are awsome!!!. ww.eastendE.com
  • edited December 2011
    I admit I didn't love my contact at Hank Lane, but six months later, people are still telling me that the Park Avenue band (7 pieces, $6800) was the best wedding band they had ever seen.
  • edited December 2011
    thanks stellamaris... see i'm still drawn to the hank lane band. they were the best and least cheesy! but park ave band has great reviews and is well known. artie stuart - no one has heard of! it makes me nervous but i might just need to take a leap of faith. ;/
  • edited December 2011
    I second the motion for Jerry Kravat's Tribeca Rhythm. You will NOT be disappointed!  They were AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards